Type 2 Diabetes quotes

• Im at a slightly higher risk for type 2 diabetes, and my grandmother had diabetes. My hemoglobin a1c, which is one of the measures, started being a little high when I was drinking a ton of that coconut water.
    -- Anne Wojcicki

#Drinking #Grandmother #Type 2 Diabetes

• When your signature dish is hamburger in between a doughnut, and you've been cheerfully selling this stuff knowing all along that you've got Type 2 Diabetes... It's in bad taste if nothing else,
    -- Anthony Bourdain

#Type 2 Diabetes #Knowing #Signatures

• In the 1970s vampires were pretty boring. The scariest vampire was Count Chocula. One bite of Count Chocula and you were cursed with Type 2 diabetes.
    -- Craig Ferguson

#Type 2 Diabetes #Vampire #Boring

• Rarely, Type 2 diabetes develops without any readily identifiable predisposing factor. But in the great majority of cases, it is brought on by lifestyle activities, including, and clearly most importantly, dietary choices.
    -- David Perlmutter

#Type 2 Diabetes #Choices #Majority

• Fight the staggering rise of type-2 diabetes by simply learning to cook healthy fresh food - it's fun, and it could save your life!
    -- Jamie Oliver

#Fun #Fighting #Type 2 Diabetes

• Obesity is a prison; in the US we spend more to treat type 2 diabetes each year than is spent on education.
    -- Paul Zane Pilzer

#Type 2 Diabetes #Years #Obesity

• An abundance of peer-reviewed science is showing that a whole foods, plant-based diet prevents most heart attacks, strokes, and even many kinds of cancer. It gets you to your ideal weight easily and sustainably, reverses Type 2 diabetes, and even fixes erectile dysfunction (because it greatly improves circulation!).
    -- Kathy Freston

#Cancer #Heart #Type 2 Diabetes

• With some diseases, like type 2 diabetes, if people get alerted early they can take steps to avert getting sick.
    -- Elizabeth Holmes

#Type 2 Diabetes #People #Sick

• I don’t need you sensitive, Skulduggery. I need you aloof and irresponsible and arrogant. That’s why I love you. That’s why I let you hang out with me.” “I’m truly blessed.” She grinned. “You love me, too. Once you admit it, everything will be better.” “They’re about to hook up the Cube to the Accelerator,” he said, and turned and walked off. She followed. “You can’t run from your feelings.” “I can walk from them.

• I am no proponent of a theocracy. I am a secularist. I want an independent Iraqi government, not a lackey of Tehran.

• If somebody accuses you in a story of being a crook, you can demand that they prove it. But if a comic says it and you protest, people say, 'What's the matter, you can't take a joke?

• perfidious society masturbators

• To give someone a piece of your heart, is worth more than all the wealth in the world.

• Religion is good, as it controls the people that don't have the intelligence to make worthwhile decisions. However, it could be debated as to whether this makes up for the atrocities committed by these people.

• Every time I sit down to eat, I cast my lot: for mercy, against misery; for the oppressed, against the oppressor; and for compassion, against cruelty. There is a lot of suffering in the world, but how much suffering can be addressed with literally no time or effort on our part? We can just stop supporting it, by making different choices.

• I checked to see if there'd been a really good book published in the last few decades. Then I started with what Cleopatra would have read, asking myself, 'What can we know about her education?' It turns out to be a very great deal, and bizarrely, no one had written about that before.

• Avoid negative people at all costs. They are the greatest destroyers of self-confidence and self-esteem.

• Republics are brought to their ends by luxury; monarchies by poverty.