Embroidery quotes

• Although the threads of my life have often seemed knotted, I know, by faith, that on the other side of the embroidery there is a crown..
    -- Corrie Ten Boom

#Crowns #Embroidery #Sides

• I'm good at embroidery. It's what I always wanted to do.... Yep, instead of whoring, I just wanted to do fancy embroidery.
    -- Lillian Hellman

#Embroidery #Fancy #Needlework

• The eye that directs a needle in the delicate meshes of embroidery will equally well bisect a star with the spiderweb of the micrometer.
    -- Maria Mitchell

#Stars #Eye #Embroidery

• In the theatre, words are eighty to eighty-five percent of the importance of what is happening to you for your comprehension. In film, words are about twenty percent. It's a different figure, but it's almost an opposite ratio. For the words are only a little bit of embroidery, a little bit of lacework.
    -- Nicholas Ray

#Opposites #Theatre #Embroidery

• It will be difficult to break the habits of thinking Abnegation instilled in me, like tugging a single thread from a complex work of embroidery. But I will find new habits, new thoughts, new rules. I will become something else.
    -- Veronica Roth

#Thinking #Embroidery #Tugging

• The male is colored much more gorgeously than the female so that he can be shot and made into feather embroidery.
    -- Will Cuppy

#Embroidery #Males #Female

• If you could only keep quiet, clear of memories and expectations, you would be able to discern the beautiful pattern of events. Its your restlessness that causes chaos.

• As an actor, you're putting yourself out there when you perform. You're bound to experience feelings of vulnerability because of this.

• My God, the suburbs! They encircled the city's boundaries like enemy territory and we thought of them as a loss of privacy, a cesspool of conformity and a life of indescribable dreariness in some split-level village where the place name appeared in the New York Times only when some bored housewife blew off her head with a shotgun.

• I hate it when people are wrongly convicted.

• Strive for the Hereafter according to how long you shall remain there, and strive for this world according to how long you shall remain here.

• Once a thing is known,it can't be UNknown.

• Some people maybe try to justify their laziness. You take out what you put in and the more I go to church and the more I turn myself over to the process of believing in Jesus, and to listening to his word and have him guide my hand I feel the pressure's off me.

• It is a very inconvenient habit of kittens (Alice had once made the remark) that whatever you say to them, they always purr.

• If happy I and wretched he, Perhaps the king would change with me.

• Before high school ended, I started applying to college. It really wasn't even a choice because of the brainwashing of my parents.