Different Opinions quotes

• ...something was starting to take shape, out of magic and will. Smoke and bone.

• This war is not as in the past: whoever occupies a territory also imposes his own social system.

• You're not a real manager unless you've been sacked.

• I ate really well and I'm vegan. I breastfeed, so everyday I got more and more back to my prebaby shape, but knowing I was going to be filming [Wiches of East End] in six weeks was a nice little reminder.

• Those things that hurt, instruct.

• Everyone wants to demagogue everyone else. That may be good politics, but it's awful policy.

• I'm from New York. I grew up there. I grew up in Westchester County, the suburbs. For me, that was always the best of both worlds. I was super lucky to have a place where I could pretty much practice drums unperturbed. Obviously there were neighbor's complaints, but not very often, and I could get to the city easily by myself or with my parents.

• To work for libertarianism - to oppose the growth of government and aid the liberation of the individual - used to be an idealistic choice taken for purely idealistic reasons. Now it is an act of intelligent and almost desperate self-defense.

• I am an artist... I am here to live out loud.

• Deep down, Erikson wants profoundly to be respected and admired - and very deep down he wants to be left alone.