Vcr quotes

• It is still true that it is easier to compose a poem in the form of a manual for adjusting a VCR than it is to write a piece using just tuning as a symphony.
    -- Brian Ferneyhough

#Writing #Symphony #Vcr

• Synergy is the VCR of media right now - discredited, outdated and left behind.
    -- David Zinczenko

#Media #Vcr #Synergy

• The VCR is to the American film producer, as the Boston Strangler is to the woman home alone.
    -- Jack Valenti

#Home #Boston #Vcr

• The Taliban's acts of cultural vandalism - the most infamous being the destruction of the giant Bamiyan Buddhas - had a devastating effect on Afghan culture and the artistic scene. The Taliban burned countless films, VCRs, music tapes, books, and paintings. They jailed filmmakers, musicians, painters, and sculptors.
    -- Khaled Hosseini

#Book #Vcr #Tape

• And the VCR did the same thing: the movie industry thought nobody would ever watch movies any more.
    -- Niklas Zennstrom

#Vcr #Watches #Watch Movie

• Today is a time of turbulence and stagnation, of threat and promise from a competitor: the magic, omnivorous videocassette recorder (VCR). In other words, it is business as usual.
    -- Richard Corliss

#Vcr #Magic #Promise

• Well, lets just say, if your VCR is still blinking 12:00, you dont want Linux.
    -- Bruce Perens

#Vcr #Want #Linux

• Fair use is important to innovators as well as consumers. It's fair use that allowed the VCR to innovate on top of the television.
    -- Joe Kraus

#Vcr #Important #Use

• Every morning or afternoon, whenever you want to write, you have to go up and shoot that old bear under your desk between the eyes.

• If you have easy self-contentment, you might have a very, very cheap source of happiness.

• A man may learn wisdom even from a foe.

• Maturity is the ability to do a job whether you're supervised or not; finish a job once it's started; carry money without spending it; and the ability to bear an injustice without wanting to get even.

• All things are delicately interconnected.

• Everything I am is because of my mom.

• I’m on the benevolent side of antisocial. I don’t mind people, but I’d prefer not to have a lot of them around.

• If I had the power to influence Indian journals, I would have the following headlines printed in bold letters on the first page: Milk for the infants , Food for the adults and Education for all

• How tragic that the very thing that could set us free-playing the fool-is the thing we will not do. When we're afraid to be fools, we end up being afraid to be anything.

• Science consists exactly of those forms of knowledge that can be verified and duplicated by anybody.