Bison quotes

• Avoid war, because that always pushes human beings backward.

• I am not an original thinker-but I am an original listener.)

• I love my parents very much, but people either continue or break the patterns of what their life should be and I just want to completely break whatever patterns would lead me to the same life choices that they made.

• I was never a strikeout pitcher. Why should I throw eight or nine balls to get a man out when I got away with three or four?

• She began to be reassured by these pains, tangible symbols of her success in becoming thinner than anyone else. Her only identity was being "the skinniest." She had to feel it.

• Evidently, I don't experience things as rationally as you do.

• You don't have to wait for something 'meaningful' to come into your life so that you can finally enjoy what you do. There is more meaning in joy than you will ever need. The 'waiting to start living' syndrome is one of the most common delusions of the unconscious state.

• A photograph is what it appears to be. Already far from 'reality' because of its silence, lack of movement, two-dimensional ity and isolation from everything outside the rectangle, it can create another reality, an emotion that did not exist in the 'true' situation. It's the tension between these two realities that lends it strength.

• The manager has a short-range view; the leader has a long-range perspective.

• An external electric field, meeting it and passing through it, affects the negative as much as the positive quanta of the atom, and pushes the former to one side, and the latter in the other direction.