Enzymes quotes

• Anyone who calls it "sexual intercourse" can't possibly be interested in actually doing it. You might as well announce you're ready for lunch by proclaiming, "I'd like to do some masticating and enzyme secreting."
    -- Allan Sherman

#Sex #Lunch #Enzymes

• Cancer can be attacked directly by metabolic enzymes and then be assisted by the enzyme diet programme. The second greatest cancer breakthrough of the 20th century is the metabolic organic effect on malignant tumours of correcting the body fluid pH to a non-acidic pH 7.1 to 7.5. A neutral pH 7.0 resists cancer formation. An acid body fluid pH of 6.44 and below permits tumours to biochemically become malignant. At pH 7.5 cancer may become inactive; at 8.5 tumours may disintegrate.
    -- Benjamin Carson

#Cancer #Enzymes #Body

• When my friends have a health concern, they call me. Ive always been a vitamin taker. I also take digestive enzymes and antioxidants, and supplements that help with the thyroid and adrenals for my time-zone changes.
    -- Carla Gugino

#Enzymes #Vitamins #Helping

• As has repeatedly been stated, the underlying hypothesis, which in a number of cases has been supported by direct experimental evidence, is that each gene controls the production, function, and specificity of a particular enzyme.
    -- Edward Lawrie Tatum

#Numbers #Enzymes #Genes

• Life cannot have had a random beginning. ... The trouble is that there are about two thousand enzymes, and the chance of obtaining them all in a random trial is only one part in 10 to the 40,000 power, an outrageously small probability that could not be faced even if the whole universe consisted of organic soup.
    -- Fred Hoyle

#Two #Trials #Enzymes

• So many of the chemical reactions occurring in living systems have been shown to be catalytic processes occurring isothermally on the surface of specific proteins, referred to as enzymes, that it seems fairly safe to assume that all are of this nature and that the proteins are the necessary basis for carrying out the processes that we call life.
    -- John Desmond Bernal

#Nature #Science #Enzymes

• It was obvious-to me at any rate-that the answer was to why an enzyme is able to speed up a chemical reaction by as much as 10 million times. It had to do this by lowering the energy of activation-the energy of forming the activated complex. It could do this by forming strong bonds with the activated complex, but only weak bonds with the reactants or products.
    -- Linus Pauling

#Strong #Enzymes #Answers

• It seems now clear that a belief in the functional importance of all enzymes found in bacteria is possible only to those richly endowed with Faith.
    -- Marjory Stephenson

#Enzymes #Bacteria #Belief

• When certain parts of our bodies are touched, certain enzymes and chemicals that trigger sexual desire are released into our system. The more our bodies are stimulated, the more chemicals are released and the greater our sexual desire grows until it becomes a virtually unstoppable flood.
    -- Myles Munroe

#Desire #Enzymes #Body

• Be an enzyme - a catalyst for change. As a slogan, I don't know if that's ever going to be right up there with Ich Bin Ein Berliner, or “I Have A Dream,” but there's a lot of truth to it.
    -- Pierre Omidyar

#Dream #Enzymes #Catalyst

• Our cells engage in protein production, and many of those proteins are enzymes responsible for the chemistry of life.
    -- Randy Schekman

#Cells #Enzymes #Chemistry

• We now had impressive evidence that low protein intake could markedly decrease enzyme activity and prevent dangerous carcinogen binding to DNA.
    -- T. Colin Campbell

#Dna #Enzymes #Lows

• That's not all our crops can do. We are also learning how to transform plants into factories. We can now raise plants that will create enzymes that would otherwise be created in chemical factories.
    -- Thomas Carper

#Enzymes #Plant #Factories

• A murderer is nothing but an enzyme. In the end he does nothing but catalyze an inevitable process. As a good precursor, in fact, he anticipates it.
    -- William C. Brown

#Enzymes #Facts #Doe

• Nuclear DNA encodes all the proteins and enzymes that make you you, basically.
    -- Hendrik Poinar

#Dna #Nuclear #Enzymes

• In the process of being metabolized, sugar robs your body of valuable nutrients ... Sugar also inhibits your liver's production of enzymes needed in the detoxification process.
    -- Ann Louise Gittleman

#Enzymes #Body #Sugar