Smirk quotes

• There was that half-smirk again, playing around his lips, as if he was deciding whether the situation was amusing enough to warrant a full smile.
    -- Alexandra Adornetto

#Lips #Smirk #Half

• The big occurrences in life, the serious ones, have for me always been nearly impossible to recognize because they never feel big or serious. In the moment, you have to pee, your arm itches, or what people are saying strikes you as melodramatic or sentimental, and it's hard not to smirk. You have a sense of what this type of situation should be like - for one thing, all-consuming - and this isn't it. But then you look back, and it was that; it did happen.
    -- Curtis Sittenfeld

#People #Serious #Smirk

• Oh, painted smirk of a hopeless dawn, the girl is still wearing her breeches...
    -- Frances Hardinge

#Girl #Dawn #Smirk

• It is horrid to smirk.
    -- Helen Fielding

#Smirk

• These women whose antics we smirk at good-naturedly in the pap-traps put themselves out there at least partly on their beauty; they are in showbiz, and showing what they've got is part of their business as much as it is for male show-ponies from the Chippendales to George Clooney.
    -- Julie Burchill

#Males #Smirk #Ponies

• Poets speak of hope in ladies smiles, but give me a smirk any day, I say.
    -- Lois McMaster Bujold

#Giving #Smirk #Speak

• I don't fear death; I welcome it with open arms and a smirk. But until that wondrous day, I will continue to savor and celebrate all those who have graduated before me.
    -- Nikki Sixx

#Smirk #Arms #Welcome

• My imagination? No, I don't think it's VIVID at all. On the contrary, it's not nearly potent enough. My poor imaginative faculties have always needed...extentions. That's why I'm here with you. You're smiling again, or rather you're SMIRKING. Funny word, smirk. Rather like an extraterrestrial surname. Simon Smirk. How do you think that sounds?
    -- Thomas Ligotti

#Thinking #Imagination #Smirk

• You've never had a hamburger before?" asks Christine, her eyes wide. "No," I say. "Is that what it's called?" "Stiffs eat plain food," Four says, nodding at Christina. "Why?" she asks. I shrug. "Extravagance is considered self-indulgent and unnecessary." She smirks. "No wonder you left." "Yeah," I say,rolling my eyes. "It was just because of the food." The corner of Four's mouth twitches.
    -- Veronica Roth

#Eye #Self #Smirk

• I smirk as Peter misses again. I can't help myself. "Hey, Peter," I say, " Remember what a target is?
    -- Veronica Roth

#Missing #Smirk #Hey

• Did you ever meet someone named Caleb?" I say. 'Caleb," Fernando says. "Yes, there was a Caleb in my initiate class. Brilliant, but he was... what's the colloquial term for it? A suck-up." he smirks.
    -- Veronica Roth

#Class #Smirk #Brilliant

• I have started smiling! I've mastered this smirk; it's a smile that isn't a smile.
    -- Victoria Beckham

#Funny #Dumb #Smirk

• David I knock you out! - While pointing to the camera with a smirk.
    -- Vitali Klitschko

#Motivation #Cameras #Smirk