Fifth Avenue quotes

• Instead, he sat in the parlor of his family's Fifth Avenue mansion, growing older by the minute just like everybody else.
    -- Anna Godbersen

#Fifth Avenue #Growing #Minutes

• I can’t stop traffic on Fifth Avenue, not unless I walk in front of an oncoming cab.
    -- Benedict Cumberbatch

#Fifth Avenue #Traffic #Walks

• I was walking down fifth avenue today and I found a wallet, and I was gonna keep it, rather than return it, but I thought: well, if I lost a hundred and fifty dollars, how would I feel? And I realized I would want to be taught a lesson.
    -- Emo Philips

#Taught #Dollars #Fifth Avenue

• Everything about my journey to get Spanx off the ground entailed me having to be a salesperson - from going to the hosiery mills to get a prototype made to calling Saks Fifth Avenue and Neiman Marcus. I had to position myself to get five minutes in the door with buyers.
    -- Sara Blakely

#Journey #Doors #Fifth Avenue

• I think there is a core of Trump supporters who, as he said during the campaign, he could shoot somebody on Fifth Avenue. They are not rattled by anything they have seen. They're sticking with him, so they're happy to sort of see him back out there being Trump.
    -- Ruth Marcus

#Thinking #Fifth Avenue #Campaigns

• Making money is marvelous, and I love doing it, and I do it reasonably well, but it doesnt have the gripping vitality that you have when you deal with the happiness of human life and with human deprivation.

• A dream needs a powerful push to move into manifestation. You give it that power by making your dream as clear as possible in your mind, turning it into specific goal or goals, putting the goals into a time line and knowing what the culmination of that dream looks like.

• I've still got a brilliant head of hair, which refuses to lay down.

• I'd been to Stourhead and was inspired by the perfect parity between architecture and art; in fact, the architecture is the art. I wrote a piece called 'Not Sculpture Park,' because most of these things become car parks for bought-in sculpture. The artists should be working with the site, not just plonking pieces down.

• Without rebuilding the confidence between parties, you will never succeed.

• A close friend of mine, Annie Leibovitz, who I've known for forty years, photographs celebrities every single day of the week but they all seem to look the same even though she's one of the most creative photographers alive. They all just look the same. Brad Pitt is a great actor but all the pictures of Brad Pitt look the same.

• Coughing in the theater is not a respiratory ailment. It is a criticism.

• So government acts as a safeguard of our property.

• I love writing for and about women. In my whole career I have.

• The unvarnished truth is that we have spent the last decade funding the machinery of war, and our children have been sacrificed.