Epidemiology quotes

• How do you react when your own government lies to you systematically about life-and-death questions? As I have noted earlier, the answer is political action in the state legislatures, and one weapon in the hands of the public is an understanding of the pseudo-science and pseudo-epidemiology represented by articles like this one.
    -- Harris L Coulter

#Lying #Government #Epidemiology

• Germ theory, which secularized infectious disease, had a side effect: it sacralized epidemiology.
    -- Jill Lepore

#Epidemiology #Disease #Sides

• By any reasonable standard of proof, the combination of human epidemiology and track-analysis demonstrates that there is no threshold dose or dose-rate below which "repair" invariably prevents health harm.
    -- John Gofman

#Epidemiology #Track #Analysis

• Epidemiology is like a bikini: what is revealed is interesting; what is concealed is crucial.
    -- Peter Duesberg

#Epidemiology #Interesting #Bikinis

• The whole idea of what is evidence for causation in epidemiology cannot be separated from tTindustry understood that if they could raise doubt about how you could conclude something caused cancer, that they put so much effort into getting so many receptive public health authorities to say, "Well, causation requires that these five things be met." So that is, in fact, nonsense.
    -- Devra Davis

#Cancer #Epidemiology #Ideas

• When you touch and change peoples lives with a song, that's when you've made it as an artist

• Chess is not something that drives people mad; it is something that keeps mad people sane.

• We’re constantly being bombarded by problems that we face and sometimes we can get completely overwhelmed. [But] we should always feel like a hummingbird. I may feel insignificant, but I don’t want to be like the other animals watching the planet go down the drain. I’ll be a hummingbird, I’ll do the best I can.

• In high school I would mess with my hair and makeup all the time.

• Stop helping everyone else make their films, and enlist them to help you make yours. This is an exaggeration, but the point is - you are the one person who cares the most about your project, so you have to take the leadership in driving it forward.

• When you first get into television it is a big deal, then you realize you are no better than anyone else, we just have a platform to use, to help other people. I use that platform for the work I do in the military, the work I do with cancer because I was fortunate enough to get that platform.

• Common is one of the nicest people I've ever met, and to describe him as a vile rapper because he has an opinion... just says a lot about the state of America. You are allowed to have an opinion in the United States - he's never harmed anybody, he just has an opinion about a president that wasn't good for our country.

• There's no hope of me becoming completely relaxed on stage. If I did, I'd sit down and doze off.

• The faintness of the stars, the freshness of the morning, the dewdrop on the flower, speaks to me.

• As a child, I was always making sound; it was a compulsion. I loved to scream and yell and sing; it freed me from all the thoughts in my head. I begged for opera lessons because opera singing is the most formidable, most emotional way to use your voice.