Outside Influences quotes

• The business that leaders are in today, is the business of transforming awareness... There is deep longing for more meaning, for connections.

• The great moment I think in human consciousness is when you realize that the object in front of you is perhaps not nameable or is new, it does not fit a stereotype, and so you need to reconfigure your whole structure of knowledge to account for it.

• The game is meant to be fun.

• The new industrial world is coming to us one new free-born industry at a time.

• Why would anyone get married and have babies? That's the dumbest idea I've ever heard in my life. Or the scariest thing I've ever heard in my life.

• I need, absolutely, to be alone.

• I don't believe in mistakes. Never have. I believe that there are a multitude of paths before us and it's just a matter of which way we walk home. I don't believe in regret. If you regret things about your life, than I'll bet that you're not paying attention. Regret is just imagining that you know what would have happened if you took that job in California or married your high-school sweetheart or just looked one more time before you stepped out into the street ... or didn't. But you don't know; you can't possibly know.

• Death was not to be a leap: it was to be a long descent under thickening shadows.

• If there are dreams about a beautiful South Africa, there are also roads that lead to their goal. Two of these roads could be named Goodness and Forgiveness.

• I love the stage, it's my first love - but, it's gone. You do your performance, then it's a memory. It only lives in the moment.