Tv News quotes

• Surveys have shown going back as far as you and I can remember that people have perceived a leftward tilt in the basic coverage that they get on TV news.
    -- Brit Hume

#Tv News #People #Tvs

• The one function that TV news performs very well is that when there is no news we give it to you with the same emphasis as if it were.
    -- David Brinkley

#Business #Tv News #Giving

• Cynics will say there are no good people out there. And if you read the papers and watch TV news you could be convinced of that. But there are good people.
    -- Jan Karon

#Tv News #People #Watches

• Local television and local TV news isn't telling the voters about local candidates.
    -- Reed Hundt

#Tv News #Voters #Tvs

• I think watching the TV news is bad for you. It is bad for your physical health and your mental health.
    -- Tom Petty

#Thinking #Tv News #Tvs

• Anytime it was advertised that I was going to be at a particular place, the radicals would be there, the cameras with TV news.
    -- William Westmoreland

#Military #Tv News #Would Be

• I've known Owen's father Ron [Suskind] for years, and this was based on his best-selling book ["Life, Animated"]. We worked together as journalists at ABC-TV News, and I knew about the book since its inception. Before he finished it, he approached me and said he thought it would make a great documentary, and I agree with him, and moved forward from there.
    -- Roger Ross Williams

#Father #Book #Tv News

• I've reported in countries where leaders not only complain about a critical press, but also try to shut it down, throwing reporters in prison or worse. I've seen my colleagues risk their lives and, with increasing frequency, lose their lives in their pursuit of the truth. We are not about to stop doing our jobs because yet another president is unhappy with what he reads or hears or sees on TV news. There is a reason the founders put freedom of the press in the very first amendment to the Constitution.
    -- Jonathan Karl

#Country #Jobs #Tv News

• My Brain is the key that sets me free.

• I loved reading historical novels when I was young, but I definitely don't think I wrote one. When I read my book through, when it was completely done and in printed galleys, I was surprised by how uninterested in the passage of time and history the book seemed to be. Even though you can feel it all there, that's just not what it's focused on.

• In order to keep surfing (getting-a-job avoidance) we just automatically got into hashish smuggling. Didn't even occur to us that something bad might happen.

• I mean, what do you think creativity is? Nothing but self-indulgence. And the more self-indulgent it is, the more interesting it becomes. So I think that part of creativity is also falling in love with your own narcissism: accepting it, using it as an asset.

• These soldiers had done what they had done, and been done unto in return. This was how it went. In the cycle of slaughter, reprisal begat reprisal, forever.

• I made my choice to be in Ferrari. It is not easy because it is important for a man to have satisfaction. And for me to get the satisfaction I want means getting results.

• If you say 'Good Morning' in America and it's five past twelve you end up with a lawsuit.

• Conversion will not be a single event or something that will last for just one season of life but will be a continuing process. Life can become brighter until the perfect day, when we will see the Savior and find that we have become like Him. The Lord described the journey this way: ‘That which is of God is light; and he that receiveth light, and continueth in God, receiveth more light; and that light groweth brighter and brighter until the perfect day’ (D&C 50:24).

• Do you hear what the music is saying? 'Come follow me and you will find the way. Your mistakes can also lead you to the truth. When you ask, the answer will be given.'

• Government alone cannot solve the problems we deal with in our correctional facilities, treatment centers, homeless shelters and crisis centers - we need our faith-based and community partners.