Rubies quotes

• Give crowns and pounds and guineas But not your heart away; Give pearls away and rubies, But keep your fancy free.
    -- A. E. Housman

#Heart #Giving #Rubies

• Ruby, I lied before. I would have run. —CG
    -- Alexandra Bracken

#Running #Rubies #Lied

• A moment later, Liam's bright blue eyes opened, and he was seeing me. He just wasn't seeing Ruby.
    -- Alexandra Bracken

#Eye #Blue #Rubies

• I pulled myself from his mind, day by day, piece by piece, memory by memory, until there was nothing of Ruby left to weigh him down or keep him bound to my side..
    -- Alexandra Bracken

#Memories #Mind #Rubies

• His wedding gift, clasped round my throat. A choker of rubies, two inches wide, like an extraordinarily precious slit throat.
    -- Angela Carter

#Two #Rubies #Inches

• Ruby Wax has basically ruined my career. You'll see when you watch the programme. I get more intimate with Ruby than I've ever been with another woman.
    -- Carol Vorderman

#Careers #Watches #Rubies

• In every generation there is a vault-keeper, one who guards the links fiercely and knows they are more precious than rubies.
    -- Dani Shapiro

#Generations #Rubies #Links

• I asked my girlfriend, 'Will you marry me?' She said, 'We'll have to ask my father.' So we had a seance and Jack Ruby says, 'Hello!'
    -- Emo Philips

#Girlfriend #Father #Rubies

• Easy-to know that diamonds-are precious, Good-to learn that rubies-have depth, But more-to see that pebbles-are miraculous.
    -- Josef Albers

#Depth #Rubies #Pebbles

• Patricia embraces me on the station platform. 'The past is what you leave behind in life, Ruby,' she says with the smile of a reincarnated lama. 'Nonsense, Patricia,' I tell her as I climb on board my train. 'The past's what you take with you.
    -- Kate Atkinson

#Past #Boards #Rubies

• I say you call yourself Goldstein, Silverstein, and Rubinstein because you're stealing all the gold and silver and rubies all over the earth - and it's true, because of your thieving and stealing and roguing, and lying all over the face of the planet earth.
    -- Khalid Abdul Muhammad

#Lying #Gold #Rubies

• It is impossible not to notice Ruby on Rails. It has had a huge effect both in and outside the Ruby community... Rails has become a standard to which even well-established tools are comparing themselves to.
    -- Martin Fowler

#Community #Rubies #Tools

• You have no need to travel anywhere - journey within yourself. Enter a mine of rubies and bathe in the splendor of your own light.
    -- Rumi

#Journey #Light #Rubies

• Good advice is rarer than rubies.
    -- Salman Rushdie

#Advice #Rubies #Good Advice

• Ambition like a liquid ruby stains.
    -- Samuel R. Delany

#Ambition #Liquid #Rubies

• A friend cannot be owned That is plain to see Friendships must be shared, Just like our friend, Ruby
    -- Stephen Cosgrove

#Rubies

• I hope to see Ruby help every programmer in the world to be productive, and to enjoy programming, and to be happy. That is the primary purpose of Ruby language.
    -- Yukihiro Matsumoto

#Rubies #World #Purpose

• Ruby Stevens was determined, ambitious and tough. She had to fend for herself in so many ways as a child and always felt apart, on her own.
    -- Victoria Wilson

#Children #Ambitious #Rubies

• Before Ruby on Rails, web programming required a lot of verbiage, steps and time. Now, web designers and software engineers can develop a website much faster and more simply, enabling them to be more productive and effective in their work.
    -- Bruce Perens

#Steps #Rubies #Enabling

• I remember being in the same position as Ruby, when I no longer believed in God as I was raised to believe. But I still am a believer - it's a personality trait, to be someone who can believe. But then what do you believe in?
    -- K. M. Soehnlein

#Believe #Personality #Rubies

• Knowing that we'd meet Ruby at the point where she stopped believing, I knew I was also going to have to deal with what you do with your capacity for belief if you don't have an object for your belief.
    -- K. M. Soehnlein

#Believe #Knowing #Rubies