Baboons quotes

• Civil rights laws were not passed to protect the rights of white men and do not apply to them.

• Emotional pain of any kind is a reminder to stop and look inside.

• I don't work with an outline, except a vague one in my head, a general idea of character, place, arc... I'm like a composer with a symphony in their head: I can hear the music, I just have to figure out how to put it down on paper. But I don't always know where my stories are going when I begin.

• Your excuses will never be as good as the story of how you got it done.

• A good composer does not imitate; he steals.

• You've probably noticed already that I'm dressed like a grown-up... I apologize to the Academy, and I promise that I will never do it again.

• Since we ate taking orders, get me some sunchips!

• There is no difficulty that enough love will not conquer: no disease that love will not heal: no door that enough love will not open...It makes no difference how deep set the trouble: how hopeless the outlook: how muddled the tangle: how great the mistake. A sufficient realization of love will dissolve it all. If only you could love enough you would be the happiest and most powerful being in the world...

• Every time someone puts an objection to me, I want to say: 'OK, OK, let's go on to something else.' Objections have never contributed anything.

• In a society where rationality has ruled so long, the church frequently fails to see that in forsaking the weekly pursuit of the transcendent, we have given up the only ground that was uniquely ours in this world. In attempting to make the church something that can attract and add value to secular mind-sets, we have turned our backs on our one true proposition - transcendence.