Hyde quotes

• The poet's place, it seems to me, is with the Mr. Hydes of human nature.
    -- Aldous Huxley

#Hyde #Human Nature #Poet

• I learned the power of radio watching Eleanor Roosevelt do her show. I used to go up to Hyde Park and hold her papers. I was just a messenger, but it planted the bug of radio in me.
    -- Allen Funt

#Paper #Radio #Hyde

• Dr. Jeckyll & Mr. Hyde is a metaphor for alcoholism. He drinks a potion, becomes a monster. I know exactly how he feels.
    -- Craig Ferguson

#Monsters #Drs #Hyde

• I liked working with Tom Christopher as he was great as Hawk, and Wilfred Hyde White but I wished it were in a different context as the changes really tuned off the audience.
    -- Gil Gerard

#White #Different #Hyde

• It doesn't happen all the time, but when I'm playing well it's as if my eyes change. I can feel it. I just feel like Dr. Jekyll and Mr. Hyde-a transformation happens, I'm a totally different human being. I don't hear anybody, I don't see anybody, nothing bothers me, nothing is going to interfere with what I'm about to do.
    -- Jane Blalock

#Eye #Golf #Hyde

• If he be Mr. Hyde" he had thought, "I shall be Mr. Seek.
    -- Robert Louis Stevenson

#Hyde #Hide And Seek #Mr Hyde

• The expansion I have in mind isn't the same as distortion. Of course, there are those who say their views represent Reformed thought, but what they end up with is a caricature of what Reformed thinking is really about. I hope I am not one of those people, but readers [of the Saving Calvinism] will have to make up their own minds on that score!

• Mentoring is all about people - it's about caring, about relationships and sensitivity. As it becomes increasingly in vogue it is becoming too formulated - concerned with performance metrics, critical success factors, investment and spending. It'll be a disaster.

• The only good in pretending is the fun we get out of fooling ourselves that we fool somebody.

• Poorly written novels--no matter how pious and edifying the behavior of the characters--are not good in themselves and are therefore not really edifying.

• If I bring up political power, personal power, it sounds like they're my terms, and they're not.

• Mathematics is the abstract key which turns the lock of the physical universe.

• From thinking proceeds speaking; thence to acting is often but a single step. But how irrevocable and tremendous!

• May Allah guide us to the good of the kingdom of Bahrain and its loyal people.

• If a picture is good, it tells many different stories.

• I've been drunk maybe five times in my life. I don't like to lose control very much.