Hyde famous quotes

Last updated: Sep 5, 2024

• The expansion I have in mind isn't the same as distortion. Of course, there are those who say their views represent Reformed thought, but what they end up with is a caricature of what Reformed thinking is really about. I hope I am not one of those people, but readers [of the Saving Calvinism] will have to make up their own minds on that score!

• Mentoring is all about people - it's about caring, about relationships and sensitivity. As it becomes increasingly in vogue it is becoming too formulated - concerned with performance metrics, critical success factors, investment and spending. It'll be a disaster.

• The only good in pretending is the fun we get out of fooling ourselves that we fool somebody.

• Poorly written novels--no matter how pious and edifying the behavior of the characters--are not good in themselves and are therefore not really edifying.

• If I bring up political power, personal power, it sounds like they're my terms, and they're not.

• Mathematics is the abstract key which turns the lock of the physical universe.

• From thinking proceeds speaking; thence to acting is often but a single step. But how irrevocable and tremendous!

• May Allah guide us to the good of the kingdom of Bahrain and its loyal people.

• If a picture is good, it tells many different stories.

• I've been drunk maybe five times in my life. I don't like to lose control very much.