Transcendental quotes

• Strapping a computer display to your face is not the answer.

• While I'm not a celebrity, it's such a weird concept that society has cooked up for us. Astronauts and teachers are much more amazing than actors.

• I'm receiving 300 to 500 letters every week from people telling me that God used my stories to save their marriage or to introduce them to Christ or to heal a relationship that had been broken.

• Hang on the walls of your mind the memory of your successes. Take counsel of your strength, not your weakness. Think of the good jobs you have done. Think of the times when you rose above your average level of performance and carried out an idea or a dream or a desire for which you had deeply longed. Hang these pictures on the walls of your mind and look at them as you travel the roadway of life.

• The world is... the natural setting of, and field for, all my thoughts and all my explicit perceptions.

• People love to see reactions, they love to see emotions that come about.

• Some of us claim that New York City is the capital of the country, indeed the capital of the world. Now, that may be a bit much for those who don't come from New York, but clearly we are an important city for reasons of our cultural advantages.

• It's true, you can never eat a pet you name. And anyway, it would be like a ventriloquist eating his dummy.

• I grew up in San Francisco in the 1970s. We were part of a church that belonged to the California Jesus movement.

• Nature is a totally efficient, self-regenerati ng system. IF we discover the laws that govern this system and live synergistically within them, sustainability will follow and humankind will be a success.