Dance Floor quotes

• Every sin provokes its punishment.

• I don't think the author should make the reader do that much work to remember who somebody is.

• Well, certainly the Democrats have been arguing to raise the capital gains tax on all Americans. Obama says he wants to do that. That would slow down economic growth. It's not necessarily helpful to the economy. Every time we've cut the capital gains tax, the economy has grown. Whenever we raise the capital gains tax, it's been damaged.

• One of my favorite places is Seattle. Growing up, I never thought I'd be able to go to Seattle. I grew up in eastern South Carolina, so that's as far as you can get from Seattle, unless I lived in Miami.

• The best argument for Christianity is Christians: their joy, their certainty, their completeness. But the strongest argument against Christianity is also Christians-when they are somber and joyless, when they are self-righteous and smug in complacent consecration, when they are narrow and repressive, then Christianity dies a thousand deaths.

• I should say that I am a visual person. I experience with my eyes and never, or rarely, with my ears... to my constant regret.

• I fall into books the way I fall into lust - wholly, hungrily.

• I still feel like I'm really into fashion. I even think sneakers are a fashion item as well. I'm still into sneakers and clothes. Even though I don't wear or buy those things, I find that I'm still like looking for them. I can't wear it, but I still think it's interesting when I see it.

• Recognize that you are a spiritual being who is part of a large cosmic family of spiritual beings. You have the power, strength, and talent to fulfill your own individual earthly destiny.

• Individual effort is almost relatively impossible to cope with the big problem of poverty as we see it.