Objective Truth quotes

• And I'm a stodgy old scientist who believes, naively, that there exists an external world, that there exist objective truths about that world, and that my job is to discover some of them.
    -- Alan Sokal

#Jobs #Believe #Objective Truth

• Big bang cosmology is probably as widely believed as has been any theory of the universe in the history of Western civilization. It rests, however, on many untested, and in some cases untestable, assumptions. Indeed, big bang cosmology has become a bandwagon of thought that reflects faith as much as objective truth.
    -- Geoffrey Burbidge

#Civilization #Bangs #Objective Truth

• Our aim as scientists is objective truth; more truth, more interesting truth, more intelligible truth. We cannot reasonably aim at certainty. Once we realize that human knowledge is fallible, we realize also that we can never be completely certain that we have not made a mistake.
    -- Karl Popper

#Mistake #Interesting #Objective Truth

• You don't need to be a scientist to know Earth's age or that life evolved. You just need be one who embraces objective truths
    -- Neil deGrasse Tyson

#Age #Needs #Objective Truth

• Imagine a world in which we are all enlightened by objective truths rather than offended by them.
    -- Neil deGrasse Tyson

#Objective Truth #World #Imagine

• If modernist naturalism were true, there would be no objective truth outside of science. In that case right and wrong would be a matter of cultural preference, or political power, and the power already available to modernists ideologies would be overwhelming.
    -- Phillip E. Johnson

#Political #Objective Truth #Matter

• It is wrong for a man to say that he is certain of the objective truth of any proposition unless he can produce evidence which logically justifies that certainty.
    -- Thomas Huxley

#Men #Objective Truth #Produce

• Wherever there is objective truth, there is satire.
    -- Wyndham Lewis

#Objective Truth #Satire

• The only objective truth that photographs offer is the assertion that somebody or something... was somewhere and took a picture.
    -- Allan Sekula

#Objective Truth #Photograph #Offers

• I don't know if there is really an objective truth about either. I liken this to what Buddhism says about the individual, that change starts with the individual. I think it is really about purifying your own actions, and I have seen that in my own life.
    -- Karan Bajaj

#Buddhism #Thinking #Objective Truth

• ...words are the gateway to reality, the means by which we engage with the objective truth beyond ourselves.
    -- Joseph Pearce

#Mean #Reality #Objective Truth