Lilies quotes

• It is part of wisdom never to revisit a wilderness, for the more golden the lily, the more certain that someone has gilded it
    -- Aldo Leopold

#Lilies #Golden #Wilderness

• When you told me you loved me," Lily's eyes widened when she looked at Lux, "You saved the world.
    -- Amanda Hocking

#Eye #World #Lilies

• I have a garden of my own, But so with roses overgrown, And lilies, that you would it guess To be a little wilderness.
    -- Andrew Marvell

#Garden #Rose #Lilies

• I have no will of my own. Never did. Limp and lily-livered, I always obey - is it possible that's attractive to women?
    -- Anton Chekhov

#Lilies #Attractive

• Of course, in fairness, I must remind you of this: that we writers are the most lily-livered of all craftsmen. We expect more, for the most peewee efforts, than any other people.
    -- Brenda Ueland

#People #Effort #Lilies

• Mary is the lily in God's garden.
    -- Bridget of Sweden

#Garden #Lilies #Mary

• I love Beyonce. She's so fierce. I also love Lily Allen, and she was an influence on my music.
    -- Bridgit Mendler

#Love Is #Lilies #Fierce

• Consider The lilies of the field whose bloom is brief:-- We are as they; Like them we fade away As doth a leaf.
    -- Christina Rossetti

#Lilies #Fields #Mortality

• You have to be more discerning, Lily, when experimenting with bondage." He wiggled his eyebrows. "I'd make a great master.
    -- Christine Feehan

#Eyebrows #Lilies #Bondage

• It took me time to understand my water lilies. I had planted them for the pleasure of it; I grew them without ever thinking of painting them.
    -- Claude Monet

#Thinking #Water #Lilies

• It grew late. Through the open door, stealthily, came the scent of madonna lilies, almost as if it were prowling abroad.
    -- D. H. Lawrence

#Smell #Doors #Lilies

• The world must live. We are only one species among billions. The gods don't love us any more than they love spiders or bears or whales or water lilies.
    -- Daniel Quinn

#Whales #Water #Lilies

• So what else can I tell you?" I asked. "I mean, to get you to reveal Lily to me.
    -- David Levithan

#Honesty #Mean #Lilies

• Why is it so much easier to talk to a stranger? why do we feel we need to disconnect in order to connect? If I wrote "Dear Sofia" or "Dear Boomer" or "Dear Lily's Great-Aunt" at the top of this postcard, wouldn't that change the words that followed? Of course it would. But the question is: When I wrote "Dear Lily," was that just a version of "Dear Myself"? I know it was more than that. But it was also less than that, too
    -- David Levithan

#Aunt #Order #Lilies

• Look to the lilies how they grow!
    -- David Macbeth Moir

#Looks #Lilies #Grows

• I was on a show called '12 Miles of Bad Road' with Lily Tomlin - it was an incredible HBO show. We shot 6 episodes, previewed it before the finale of 'The Sopranos;' it was written up as a 'Great New Show on HBO,' and then the whole thing was canned. Gone. Disappeared. That's when I realized anything can happen in this business.
    -- Eliza Coupe

#Hbo #Gone #Lilies

• The only Commandment I ever obeyed — 'Consider the Lilies.
    -- Emily Dickinson

#Lilies

• I search and can't find myself. I belong in chrysanthemum time, sharp in calla lily elongations. God made my soul into an ornamental thing.
    -- Fernando Pessoa

#Soul #Lilies #Chrysanthemums

• I'll ne'er distrust my God for cloth and bread while lilies flourish and the raven 's fed.
    -- Francis Quarles

#Faith #Ravens #Lilies

• Oak, granite, Lilies by the road, Remember me? I remember you. Clouds brushing Clover hills, Remember me? Sister, child, Grown tall, Remember me? I remember you.
    -- Gail Carson Levine

#Children #Clouds #Lilies

• I have desired to go Where springs not fail, To fields where flies no sharp and sided hail And a few lilies blow.
    -- Gerard Manley Hopkins

#Spring #Blow #Lilies

• Where did Gabriel get a lily, In the month of March, When the green Is hardly seen On the early larch?
    -- Grace James

#Spring #Gabriel #Lilies

• The fountain of love is the rose and the lily, the sun and the dove.
    -- Heinrich Heine

#Love #Rose #Lilies

• The demons are innumerable, arrive at the most inappropriate times and create panic and terror... but I have learned that if I can master the negative forces and harness them to my chariot, then they can work to my advantage.... Lilies often grow out of carcasses' arseholes.
    -- Ingmar Bergman

#Arseholes #Lilies #Panic

• Shiny musical instruments wailed, their mouths open like lilies.
    -- Ismail Kadaré

#Musical #Lilies #Mouths

• Er," Oliver said. "He talks even less than the one Lily married," the crone remarked to Walter. "Though when the mood strikes him, he asks just as many questions as Galem." "I'm sorry," Oliver said weakly. The old woman nodded. "You are forgiven," she pronounced in a queenly tones.
    -- Jessica Day George

#Sorry #Tone #Lilies

• [Lily] "Petunia's hair is too curly to braid," She said conversationally. Oliver wasn't sure why, but that was what finally made him blush.
    -- Jessica Day George

#Hair #Lilies #Braids

• When I did small films like Lily and Buenos Vista, everyone thought my career would be ruined.
    -- Leslie Caron

#Careers #Would Be #Lilies

• Democrats—lily-livered, weasel-assed collaborators.
    -- Michael Parenti

#Lilies #Weasels #Democrat

• The lily and the rose in her fair face striving for precedence.
    -- Nathaniel Parker Willis

#Rose #Lilies #Faces

• By cool Siloam's shady rill How sweet the lily grows!
    -- Reginald Heber

#Sweet #Lilies #Shady

• From the sprinkled isles, Lily on lily, that o'erlace the sea.
    -- Robert Browning

#Sea #Islands #Lilies

• It was the tenderness mingled with melancholy which we bring to a time that belongs irrevocably to the past, when a pale, delicate shadow rises from it bearing the lilies of the dead, and in it we find a forgotten likeness to ourselves. And that faint, wistful shadow, that pale scent, seemed to vanish away into a wide, full, warm stream - the life that now lay open before him.
    -- Robert Musil

#Past #Shadow #Lilies

• The rose does best as a rose. Lilies make the best lilies. And look! You - the best you around!
    -- Rumi

#Rose #Lilies #Doe

• The good Husbandman may pluck His rose & gather in His lily.
    -- Samuel Rutherford

#Rose #May #Lilies

• Mae, he made me go out for a run," Jamie called out. "Tell him I don't run!" "Jamie and I are lilies of the field. We toil not, neither do we jog," Mae informed Nick.
    -- Sarah Rees Brennan

#Running #Lilies #Fields

• As the lily among thorns, so is my love among the daughters.
    -- Solomon Ibn Gabirol

#Daughter #Honesty #Lilies

• And when you get down to it, Lily, that is the only purpose grand enough for a human life. Not just to love but to persist in love.
    -- Sue Monk Kidd

#Lilies #Purpose #Enough

• The lily is all in white, like a saint, And so is no mate for me.
    -- Thomas Hood

#White #Saint #Lilies

• Madame Lily Devalier always asked "Where are you?" in a way that insinuated that there were only two places on earth one could be: New Orleans and somewhere ridiculous.
    -- Tom Robbins

#Two #New Orleans #Lilies

• We are all fairies living underneath a leaf of a lily pad.
    -- Tori Amos

#Pads #Lilies #Fairy

• I loved the late Gilda Radner. I love Carol Burnett and Lily Tomlin.
    -- Tracey Ullman

#Lilies #Carols

• Lilies that fester smell far worse than weeds.
    -- William Shakespeare

#Weed #Smell #Lilies

• Being around Lily Tomlin has been great, how she treats people, how she handles herself, how she goes about interpreting her character or deciding how the comedy should work.
    -- Baron Vaughn

#Character #People #Lilies

• I like when I use music in film that it isn't just gilding the lily and it isn't telling you how to feel. It's giving you something, some other information that you cannot otherwise get in the scene.
    -- Fred Schepisi

#Giving #Use #Lilies

• I always just wanted to be a movie actress, like Lily Tomlin or Ruth Gordon. I just imagined myself being in a movie, wearing stylish women's clothing the way I saw Amy Irving wearing it.
    -- Jenny Slate

#Amy #Lilies #Ruth