Factory Workers quotes

• If all the stars and galaxies in the universe today were smoothed out into a uniform sea of atoms, there would only be about one atom in every cubic meter of space.

• Although Lewis Carroll thought of The Hunting of the Snark as a nonsense ballad for children, it is hard to imagine - in fact one shudders to imagine - a child of today reading and enjoying it.

• Theatre is, at its roots, some very brave people mutually consenting to a make believe world, with nothing but language to rest on.

• Now that Serbia is moving towards integration into Europe, the opportunities to get closer cooperation may very well exist.

• I don't think I've ever tried to change anyone. I don't have the energy.

• God made everything out of nothing, but the nothingness shows through.

• Women of child-bearing age steadily run out of eggs by the continuous process of cell death. While reading a copy of the 'Guardian' carefully from cover to cover, a normal woman will have lost on average two eggs - while, typically, a normal man will have made 70,000 new sperm.

• The English take their pleasures sadly, after the fashion of their country.

• I began drinking alcohol at the age of thirteen and gave it up in my fifty sixth year; it was like going straight from puberty to a mid-life crisis.

• No, that’s journalism. The truth is whatever you can’t escape.