Happy Memories quotes

• The sum of the whole matter is this - our civilization cannot survive materially unless it be redeemed spiritually.

• The digital revolution has changed the way we do things because you're not under that pressure that film is precious and film is expensive.

• Time is what we have in this life, and how we use it determines what our life is.

• I think that we have opportunities all around us - sometimes we just don't recognize them.

• I was aware that people thought a certain type of photo work was either stealing, borrowing, copying or dumb.

• it is in the oral traditions of the villages that the arts of India are really alive. The brief Western immortality of museums is pointless to people who have seen eternity in their earth.

• Order is heaven's first law. Order is earth's first law, too.

• Because they do burn leaves here, the older folks do, and I remember now that I love it and always have. The way fall feels at night because of it, because of the crackling sound and walking around the sidewalks, like when you're a kid, and kicking those soft piles, and seeing smoke from backyards and Mr. Kilstrap standing over the metal drum with the holes in the top, the sparking embers at his feet.

• Vincent Lingiari, I solemnly hand to you these deeds as proof, in Australian law, that these lands belong to the Gurindji people and I put into your hands this piece of the earth itself as a sign that we restore them to you and your children forever.

• …the designation of wife in India, of the Hindu wife, is higher and grander than that of Empress. She is called Devi