Ovation quotes

• It is a brave man who is the first to sit down during a standing ovation.
    -- Aleksandr Solzhenitsyn

#Men #Brave #Ovation

• Applause that comes thundering with such force you might think the audience merely suffers the music as an excuse for its ovations.
    -- Alfred Jarry

#Thinking #Suffering #Ovation

• Because Cards' fans are the most knowledgeable and loyal in all of baseball, they booed almost reluctantly, polite as booing goes, what would have passes as a standing ovation in Philly.
    -- Buzz Bissinger

#Baseball #Fans #Ovation

• My son now is 22 months old, he's been playing since he was 12 months old and he gets standing ovations on the drums. He's been with us since he was 10 weeks old, he's been on the drums. He's got blisters on his fingers before he can even talk.
    -- Dick Dale

#Son #Ovation #Months

• Standing ovations have become far too commonplace. What we need are ovations where the audience members all punch and kick one another.
    -- George Carlin

#Needs #Ovation #Corny

• To have that kind of ovation, that happens very seldom for a lineman.
    -- Jerry Kramer

#Ovation #Kind #Lineman

• I'm also getting an Ovation Legend, because I like them so much.
    -- Mark Knopfler

#Ovation #Legends

• I hit some great shots in my lifetime; now I hit a decent shot and I get a standing ovation.
    -- Martina Navratilova

#Ovation #Lifetime #Shots

• A thunderous boo is one thousand times stronger, nobler, and more powerful than a standing ovation. Admiration corrupts.
    -- Nelson Rodrigues

#Powerful #Stronger #Ovation

• I love working in Canada. The ovation is great. It makes me feel like I'm the top dog.
    -- Owen Hart

#Dog #Canada #Ovation

• I always said, 'A blind dog with three legs could get a standing ovation for singing 'I'm Still Here!''
    -- Polly Bergen

#Dog #Singing #Ovation

• I think there should be a rule that everyone in the world should get a standing ovation at least once in their lives.
    -- R. J. Palacio

#Thinking #World #Ovation

• I walked backstage, standing ovation. Everyone was backstage clapping.
    -- The Miz

#Wwe #Ovation #Clapping

• All those hours spent alone on the rink is where a skater's strength comes from. That's where a standing ovation starts and if you don't want to be there, it is going to show. Nothing you dreamed about is going to happen if you forget why you started in the first place. You have to skate with you heart. Before anyone can believe in you, you have to believe in yourself.
    -- Kurt Browning

#Believe #Heart #Ovation