Value Yourself quotes

• Golf is a bloodless sport-if you don't count ulcers.

• In cold and heat, in rain and wind, the soul united to God says, "I want it to be warm, to be cold, windy, to rain, because God wills it."

• Brotherhood is not so wild a dream as those, who profit by postponing it, pretend.

• Our coach was absolutely out of his head. He must have read Bear Bryant's book. We had 78 players out. The first day 35 quit. Twenty quit the second day. We ended with 17 players. It was depressing.

• I think that a particle must have a separate reality independent of the measurements. That is an electron has spin, location and so forth even when it is not being measured. I like to think that the moon is there even if I am not looking at it.

• she kept sliding down, in small half-willing surrenders, till she was a heap, with the book held tiringly above her face.

• Thought is the seed of action.

• I think comedy directors tend to feel a need to justify the bad behavior, and I just never think that. I like bad behavior, I've always liked bad behavior, I'm a fan of bad behavior, and I don't think you have to justify bad behavior.

• How do you stop longing for what you absolutely know you can't get? Which really means: How do you absolutely know you can't-and won't-get it, not ever? How do you pinch out that wisp of feeble, ruthless hope?

• Be what you are. Don't change yourself for anything. God made you that way for a reason.