Dummy quotes

• In running it is man against himself, the cruelest of opponents. The other runners are not the real enemies. His adversary lies within him, in his ability with brain and heart to master himself and his emotions.

• I think all kids need snacks. Mine are fruit machines. I give them things like apple slices, berries and melon. Do I let them eat ice cream? Absolutely. But not every day.

• When it's time to die, go ahead and die, and when it's time to live, live. Don't sort-of-maybe live, but live like you're going all out, like you're not afraid.

• According to the new ethics, virtue is not restrictive but expansive, a sentiment and even an intoxication.

• Comic books to me are fairy tales for grown-ups.

• To exclude religious teaching altogether from education... is a very dangerous and curious tendency. The result is to give paganism a new importance and influence.

• One attacks those who possess things that one does not possess. The attack is all the more savage because the one who attacks is destitute and the one who is attacked is well provided. The one who attacks always considers himself to be in the position of legitimate offense.

• For me to make lasagna would be a desecration of a great Italian dish. . . . I don't mess with sacred things.

• Boys and boys' body image and clothes have become just as important an issue for boys as for girls.

• Peacekeeping works in some situations, but it very often needs other ingredients. Peacekeeping is not the aspirin of international security.