Fiscal Policy quotes

• Developing protectionism regarding trade and our reluctance to place fiscal policy on a more sustainable path are threatening what may well be our most valued policy asset: the increased flexibility of our economy, which has fostered our extraordinary resilience to shocks.
    -- Alan Greenspan

#Resilience #Fiscal Policy #May

• Fiscal policy is not just, or even not even principally, the purview of the president.
    -- Carly Fiorina

#President #Fiscal Policy #Policy

• I would like to see Greece as a case study, an opportunity for Europe to strengthen its coordination of fiscal policy.
    -- George Papandreou

#Opportunity #Europe #Fiscal Policy

• If we have a common currency, the main regulator for policy in the country is the fiscal policy.
    -- Iveta Radicova

#Country #Fiscal Policy #Common

• The great thing about fiscal policy is that it has a direct impact and doesn't require you to bind the hands of future policymakers.
    -- Paul Krugman

#Hands #Impact #Fiscal Policy

• The prudential regulation that I have put in place has been absolutely critical. The fiscal policy which we have put in place has been absolutely critical and if people looked at Australia now turn its back on economic reform, which of course industrial relations rollback or throwback would be, let me tell you, that would really start affecting confidence.
    -- Peter Costello

#Australia #People #Fiscal Policy

• It makes me so much calmer when I’m responding to e-mails later.

• In their field they [mathematicians] do what we ought to be doing in ours. Therein lies the significant lesson ... of their existence. They are an analogy for the intellectual of the future.

• Are those cat hairs on your lapel, or have you been dating a blonde with a crew cut?

• In France, I learned about wine and cheese.

• When you're working with other artists, it's often a mix of your ideas with somebody else's, which can be extremely fruitful. But then it's also interesting to present the completely undiluted vision of what I imagine music could be. I care about both my own music and collaboration equally, and I pretty much split my time equally, as well.

• I don't dwell in the past; I don't wallow in old events and emotions. I don't waste time on regret. No use going over and over the details of what already happened.

• I admire Madonna because she always did whatever she felt like doing. She went through some controversial periods when people rejected her, but she kept on reinventing herself.

• This was what happened after you'd been together with someone a long time. You loved that it was old and worn and comfy, but sometimes it was old and worn and comfy.

• It is a maxim of old that among themselves all things are common to friends.

• I do have fun writing, and a long time ago, I told myself, 'You got to have fun at this, or it'll drive you nuts.'