Fat Girl quotes

• Slogan-making is not poetry.

• I feel what they feel: man-hating, that volatile admixture of pity, contempt, disgust, envy, alienation, fear, and rage at men. It is hatred not only for the anonymous man who makes sucking noises on the street, not only for the rapist or the judge who acquits him, but for what the Greeks called philo-aphilos, 'hate in love,' for the men women share their lives with-husbands, lovers, friends, fathers, brothers, sons, coworkers.

• I think I stand as much chance of dying in front of a firing squad or in a gas chamber as you do being killed on a plane flight home. Let’s hope you don’t.

• The bulk of extra supplies that could be put into the market come from two places. One, they come from other Persian Gulf suppliers, of which Saudi Arabia is at the top of the list.

• Champion the right to be yourself; dare to be different and to set your own pattern, live your own life, and follow your own star.

• I never had the blues; the blues always had me.

• Half of tradition is a lie.

• For black people, being around white people is sometimes like taking care of babies you don't like, babies who throw up on you again and again, but whom you cannot punish, because they're babies.

• [If the Democratic nominee turns out to be] Walter Mondale, I hope he picks Representative Geraldine Ferraro as his running mate. It would be a desperate move, but that's what it'll take to get rid of Reagan. Ms. Ferraro is no more unqualified than a lot of Vice Presidential candidates have been, and anyhow Mondale's in good health.

• Men who have a lot of charm have it in place of something real that you are eventually going to want from them and find that they do not have.