Habitat For Humanity quotes

• I am out to introduce a psychic shock into my painting, one that is always motivated by pictorial reasoning: that is to say, a fourth dimension.

• Bollywood actors are so set in what they want, and the way they want it. And why shouldn't they be? But it is not the same in Hollywood, because the love of the audience is not the same.

• If the quickness of the mind and the fluency of the tongue are too punctilious and sharp, moderate them in your activity and rest.

• So much of my sense of who I am is tied to mothering. When they left home, I fell into a huge, empty, black hole. Your children are grown and your career has slowed down - all the stuff that took up so much attention is gone, and you're left with expansive time and space.

• Value investing requires a great deal of hard work, unusually strict discipline, and a long-term investment horizon. Few are willing and able to devote sufficient time and effort to become value investors, and only a fraction of those have the proper mind-set to succeed.

• The power of women united, I am again reminded, is an invincible thing.

• In 1998 Harry Reid and I had a very close race. It was less than a tenth of a percentage point. We had a reasonable recount. There were a lot of things that I could have pursued at the time, but I just felt that at the time that I should have, you know, conceded the race.

• I just consider being one of the luckiest people in the sense that creativity came to me and it flowed.

• Everything we say about other people is really about ourselves.

• They more than do their work, they take pride in it. Like Cinna.