Knowing Someone quotes

• If you're willing to travel, or just super-desperate, the best place in the world to meet unattached men is on the Alaska pipeline. I'm told that the trek through the frozen tundra is well worth the effect for any woman who wants to know what it feels like to be Victoria Principal.

• Any successful long-term strategy will require that the green wave fully and passionately embrace the principles of eco-equity.

• When what you want is a relationship, and not a person, get a dog.

• From a scientific perspective there is some indication that a nuclear war could deplete the earth's ozone layer or, less likely, could bring on a new Ice Age - but there is no suggestion that either the created order or mankind would be destroyed in the process.

• I probably should be a little more cautious with how I speak, and I think my delivery needs to be a little softer.

• As a viewer, I'm personally less interested in the damaged, white, middle-class male figuring out his dreams and more interested in maybe an underdog figuring out how they're going to survive in a world that doesn't necessarily invite them in.

• Human knowledge has been changing from the word go and people in certain respects behave more rationally than they did when they didn't have it. They spend less time doing rain dances and more time seeding clouds.

• The Ethiopians say that their gods are snub-nosed and black the Thracians that theirs have light blue eyes and red hair.

• I stand in the mist and cry, thinking of myself standing in the mist and crying, and wondering if I will ever be able to use this experience in a book.

• If one of two lovers is loyal, and the other jealous and false, how may their friendship last, for Love is slain!