Vamp quotes

• A pessimist is one who builds dungeons in the air.

• Wagner festival was [Adolf Hitler] time with the Wagner family. [Eva Braun] asked once to attend but he forbade it and that was that, she never asked again.

• The best way to accomplish serious design ... is to be totally and completely unqualified for the job.

• I have a hard time finding something that I really enjoy reading, but I read 'The Great Gatsby' every summer.

• Those who live passionately teach us how to love. Those who love passionately teach us how to live.

• If you have zest and enthusiasm you attract zest and enthusiasm. Life does give back in kind.

• There are three modes of bearing the ills of life, by indifference, by philosophy, and by religion.

• Purdom has created a major body of work. Thoughtful, humane, intelligent, extrapolative, involving, his stories are exactly the sort of thing our genre exists to make possible. If you don't like Tom Purdom, you don't like science fiction. Period.

• We yearned for the future. How did we learn it, that talent for insatiability?

• The time is perhaps not altogether too green for the vile suggestion that art has nothing to do with clarity, does not dabble in the clear and does not make clear, and more than the light of day (or night) makes the subsolar, -lunar, and -stellar excrement. Art is the sun, moon, and stars of the mind, the whole mind.