Lollipop quotes

• I'm glad that Christian parents let their children worship the devil at least one night out of the year.

• My work is strongly rooted in place and memory, in personal, formative experiences that took shape within very different environments.

• I was raised, myself, by extremely strict but also extremely loving Chinese immigrant parents. To this day, I believe that their having high expectations for me, coupled with love, was the greatest gift that anyone's ever given me. And so that's why, even though my husband is not Chinese, I try to raise my own two daughters the same way.

• I always say, I'm a woman, I can't change my sex. I can't get angry about it. I'm too busy desperately trying to get my movies made. It's hard work. There are no short cuts. If there were, I would have found them by now.

• Ah, in every age there is always some new wonder to astound mankind until they grow accustomed to it and lose interest.

• I feel very strongly that I’m surrounded by other realities.

• War is idiocy. We live on a small, small planet, and what we do to others is what we do to ourselves

• A day will come when the European god of the nineteenth century will be classed with the gods of Olympus and the Nile.

• For many, many years, I was always whipping up things in order to keep myself busy and moving ever forward and saying, 'What's next? What's next? What's next?' I like the equanimity that comes with my age. I don't have big highs, and I don't have big lows. Even if this job goes away tomorrow, the nonstop ambition is a thing of the past for me. I've mellowed

• That's not true. I did not have sexual intercourse with Lindsay Lohan. ... A lot of people probably did, I don't know, [but I did not].