Ethanol quotes

• That was the source of my vanity and my cowardice: always I believed everyone was watching me.

• I don't think in terms of that bizarre tautology 'value for money' in my literary and journalistic work - and nor will I in my academic role. However, if I don't believe I'm helping my students towards a fuller and more empowering relationship with the world, then I'll resign.

• Never under any circumstances take a sleeping pill and a laxative on the same night.

• It's not your schedule that keeps you from praying, it's your failure to realize the importance of prayer.

• If man were immortal he could be perfectly sure of seeing the day when everything in which he had trusted should betray his trust.

• The truth is scary, but knowing nothing is crippling.

• They say teenagers can sleep all day. I often used to look at dogs and be amazed by the way they seemed to sleep for twenty hours a day. But I envied them too. It was the kind of lifestyle I could relate to.We didn't sleep for twenty hours, but we gave it our best shot.

• With high trust, success comes faster, better, and at lower cost.

• The French say that to part is to die a little. To be forgotten too is to die a little. It is to lose some of the links that anchor us to the rest of humanity.

• I didn't come in and say: "I'm a singer." I came into the band as a second guitar player and a vocalist, but not the songwriter. I had been writing poetry for years, so I sort of had the nature of the words. I felt like no one else could sing my lyrics, so I took a crack at it.