Storm quotes

• Kindness is the only service that will stand the storm of life and not wash out.
    -- Abraham Lincoln

#Kindness #Storm #Storms Of Life

• The doom of a nation can be averted only by a storm of flowing passion, but only those who are passionate themselves can arouse passion in others.
    -- Adolf Hitler

#Passion #Storm #Passionate

• So let the storm rage. Let the storm rage.
    -- Ahmed Toufiq

#Storm #Rage

• The storm hit with all the fury of a woman who’d been dieting for six months, only to discover she’d gained four pounds.
    -- Alan Dean Foster

#Storm #Dieting #Four

• The myth of unlimited production brings war in its train as inevitably as clouds announce a storm.
    -- Albert Camus

#War #Clouds #Storm

• What avails a storm cloud accurate in form and color if the storm is not therein?
    -- Albert Pinkham Ryder

#Clouds #Color #Storm

• Life is a storm, my young friend. You will bask in the sunlight one moment, be shattered on the rocks the next. What makes you a man is what you do when that storm comes.
    -- Alexandre Dumas

#Men #Rocks #Storm

• Life is a storm. One minute you will bathe under the sun and the next you will be shattered upon the rocks. That's when you shout, "Do your worst, for I will do mine!" and you will be remembered forever.
    -- Alexandre Dumas

#Rocks #Forever #Storm

• Battering the gates of heaven with the storms of prayer.
    -- Alfred Lord Tennyson

#Prayer #Heaven #Storm

• My picture, Fifth Avenue, Winter is the result of a three hours' stand during a fierce snow-storm on February 22nd 1893, awaiting the proper moment. My patience was duly rewarded. Of course, the result contained an element of chance, as I might have stood there for hours without succeeding in getting the desired pictures.
    -- Alfred Stieglitz

#Winter #Snow #Storm

• Those far distant, storm-beaten ships, upon which the Grand Army never looked, stood between it and the dominion of the world.
    -- Alfred Thayer Mahan

#Military #Army #Storm

• What mortal is there, over whose first joys and happiness does not break some storm, dispelling with its icy breath his fanciful illusions, and shattering his altar?
    -- Alphonse de Lamartine

#Happiness #Joy #Storm

• I would kiss you in the middle of the ocean during a lightning storm cuz I'd rather be left for dead than wondering what thunder sounds like.
    -- Andrea Gibson

#Ocean #Kissing #Storm

• I have always been comfortable weathering the storm. I’d like to get more comfortable weathering the sunny day.
    -- Andrea Gibson

#Storm #Sunny Day #Sunny

• Every lover is a storm chaser. Every good heart has lost its roof.
    -- Andrea Gibson

#Heart #Storm #Lovers

• We are all instruments pulling the bows across our own lungs. Windmills, still startling in every storm. Have you ever seen a newborn blinking at the light? I wanna do that every day. I wanna know what the kite called itself when it got away, when it escaped into the night...
    -- Andrea Gibson

#Night #Light #Storm

• I was born for a storm and a calm does not suit me.
    -- Andrew Jackson

#Storm #Doe #Suits

• You know what it's like," said Storm, "when you want to--just--pour a woman into a glass and--just-drink her--just drink her down, one gulp, body and soul?
    -- Andrew Klavan

#Glasses #Soul #Storm

• Passions are like storms which, full of present mischief, serve to purify the atmosphere.
    -- Andrew Michael Ramsay

#Passion #Atmosphere #Storm

• Meanwhile, the Ice Storm was still in development, And that was something I really wanted to do, and frankly I don't think I was ready to do a big production like this
    -- Ang Lee

#Thinking #Ice #Storm

• For most of the history of our species we were helpless to understand how nature works. We took every storm, drought, illness and comet personally. We created myths and spirits in an attempt to explain the patterns of nature.
    -- Ann Druyan

#Storm #Patterns #Spirit

• You will hear thunder and remember me, and think: she wanted storms...
    -- Anna Akhmatova

#Thinking #Storm #Remember

• When the storms of life come, if they come to me personally, to my family or to the world, I want to be strong enough to stand and be a strength to somebody else, be shelter for somebody else.
    -- Anne Graham Lotz

#Strong #Storm #World

• Anyone who has spent a few nights in a tent during a storm can tell you: The world doesn't care all that much if you live or die.
    -- Anthony Doerr

#Night #Storm #World

• It is not a certain conformity of manners that the painting of Van Gogh attacks, but rather the conformity of institutions themselves. And even external nature, with her climates, her tides, and her equinoctial storms, cannot, after Van Gogh's stay upon earth, maintain the same gravitation.
    -- Antonin Artaud

#Storm #Climate #Earth

• And were in the middle of a perfect storm. These days, government social services are being bad-mouthed and defunded. The non-profit world is looking more and more like the for-profit world. The growing gap between rich and poor makes most of us very anxious about where we stand.
    -- Arlie Russell Hochschild

#Government #Perfect #Storm

• Whoever embarks with women embarks with a storm; but they are themselves the safety boats.
    -- Arsene Houssaye

#Women #Safety #Storm

• My first job was a film called 'Storm Damage' for the BBC. I was 16 and working with really respected British actors. I didn't have an agent at the time, and it kind of threw me into real acting.
    -- Ashley Madekwe

#Jobs #Real #Storm

• I have heard a greater storm in a boiling pot.
    -- Athenaeus

#Storm #Pot #Heard

• You have to accept the storms and the rainy days and the things in life that you sometimes don't want to face.
    -- Bai Ling

#Rainy Day #Storm #Want

• I wondered about the science of storms and how sometimes it seemed that a storm wanted to break the world and how the world refused to break.
    -- Benjamin Alire Saenz

#Life #Storm #World

• Might the peasant expect the Almighty to stay the thunder storm, which clears the air of a nation from pestilence, lest the lightning bold should in its flash kill his cow?
    -- Benjamin Butler

#Air #Storm #Lightning

• Justice is not to be taken by storm. She is to be wooed by slow advances.
    -- Benjamin Cardozo

#Taken #Justice #Storm

• When there is no longer a cyclone, there is no longer an eye. So the storms, crises and sufferings of life are a way of finding the eye.
    -- Bernadette Roberts

#Eye #Suffering #Storm

• Financial storm definitely passed.
    -- Bernard Baruch

#Storm #Financial #Great Depression

• I hate storms, but calms undermine my spirits.
    -- Bernard Moitessier

#Hate #Storm #Spirit

• Sometimes God allows storms to come together in such a way that they ultimately fulfill something that would never have happened otherwise.
    -- Beth Moore

#Storm #Together #Way

• Storms draw something out of us that calm seas don't.
    -- Bill Hybels

#Sea #Storm #Calm

• I have no problem with anyone storming the court. But storm the court after the opposing team has gone to the locker room. Once the opposing team is out of the area, put them all (the fans) on the court.
    -- Billy Donovan

#Team #Storm #Fans

• When a vision comes from the thunder beings of the west, it comes with terror like a thunder storm; but when the storm of vision has passed, the world is greenier and happier; for wherever the truth of vision comes upon the world, it is like a rain. The world, you see, is happier after the terror of the storm.
    -- Black Elk

#Rain #Vision #Storm

• Those who walk in radical obedience have made themselves ready for the storm, and they will overcome.
    -- Bob Sorge

#Storm #Overcoming #Obedience

• Sometimes when you're in the storm, it's harder and maybe when it's over, then you can look back on it.
    -- Brad Gilbert

#Storm #Looks #Sometimes

• If we share our shame story with the wrong person, they can easily become one more piece of flying debris in an already dangerous storm.(page 10)
    -- Brené Brown

#Flying #Storm #Stories

• Because after my first year I had a lot of success, took everybody by storm, came back the next year thought it was easy and didn't have near the season I had the previous year. It was kind of a wake-up call. And so, life goes on.
    -- Brett Favre

#Congratulations #Years #Storm

• We do not know what is on the other side of the storm.
    -- Brian Francis

#Storm #Sides

• That's a big concern right now with these storms coming on the heels of a very wet week. The soil is saturated, and the high winds that are supposed to accompany these storms could potentially knock down trees, which often take down power lines with them.
    -- Bryan Swanson

#Wind #Tree #Storm

• Electric cars are not going to take the market by storm, but it's going to be a gradual improvement.
    -- Carlos Ghosn

#Car #Storm #Improvement

• Seasons are like life. Some seasons are better than others. Some have more sun and rainbows. Others have storms and tornadoes. Some have both. You have to accept that, and bring colour and light to the season you're in as best you can, and always look forward to the next season.
    -- Cathy Lamb

#Light #Rainbow #Storm

• No one would have crossed the ocean if he could have gotten off the ship in the storm.
    -- Charles Kettering

#Ocean #Achievement #Storm

• There is only one secure foundation: a genuine, deep relationship with Jesus Christ, which will carry you through any and all turmoil. No matter what storms are raging all around, you'll stand firm if you stand on His love.
    -- Charles Stanley

#Jesus #Storm #Foundation

• The internet's perfect for all manner of things, but productive discussion ain't one of them. It provides scant room for debate and infinite opportunities for fruitless point-scoring: the heady combination of perceived anonymity, gestated responses, random heckling and a notional “live audience” quickly conspire to create a “perfect storm” of perpetual bickering.
    -- Charlie Brooker

#Opportunity #Perfect #Storm

• I'm so glad we had that storm last week.
    -- Chris Matthews

#Storm #Lasts #Week

• It has nothing to do with the time being right or wrong. Storms just happen.
    -- Chris Murray

#Storm

• I remember the first time Bill Fichtner and I had a scene together. I've seen him in a few movies, from Armageddon to The Perfect Storm and Contact, and suddenly he's on a bunk bed and I'm on a bunk bed and we're doing this scene together. That was a real 'pinch me' moment.
    -- Chris Vance

#Real #Perfect #Storm

• You're not lost in the storm, Marilyn. You are the storm.
    -- Colin Clark

#Storm #Lost

• The green reed which bends in the wind is stronger than the mighty oak which breaks in a storm.
    -- Confucius

#Wind #Storm #Stronger

• Maybe that’s what I have been looking for. When storms and rockslides threaten, I am looking for someone who will hold on to me and not let go.
    -- Courtney Milan

#Letting Go #Storm

• Never let the presence of a storm cause you to doubt the presence of God.
    -- Craig Groeschel

#Doubt #Storm #Causes

• During the four days of the storm, I became accustomed to the soft light of lamps and candles and grew to like it. When the power came on again, I discovered that I was actually disappointed. The electric lights seemed cold and impersonal; they revealed too much.
    -- Damon Knight

#Light #Storm #Lamps

• Having an exciting destination is like setting a needle in your compass. From then on, the compass knows only one point - its ideal. And it will faithfully guide you there through the darkest nights and fiercest storms
    -- Daniel Boone

#Night #Goal #Storm

• I like things that make you grit your teeth. I like tucking my chin in and sort of leading into the storm. I like that feeling. I like it a lot.
    -- Daniel Day-Lewis

#Feelings #Storm #Teeth

• I saw the Cloud, though I did not foresee the Storm.
    -- Daniel Defoe

#Clouds #Storm #Saws

• The height of human wisdom is to bring our tempers down to our circumstances, and to make a calm within, under the weight of the greatest storm without.
    -- Daniel Defoe

#Wisdom #Storm #Weight

• The infernal storm, eternal in its rage, sweeps and drives the spirits with its blast; it whirls them, lashing them with punishment. When they are swept back past their place of judgment then come the shrieks, laments, and anguished cries; there they blaspheme God's almighty power.
    -- Dante Alighieri

#Past #Lust #Storm

• If this were a made-up story, it would begin at night, with a storm blowing and owls hooting and rattling noises under the bed.
    -- Darren Shan

#Night #Owl #Storm

• One misunderstandin g is that if you do the right thing, then life's storms will stop. If you do the right thing, the storms actually get bigger. This is because they know they can't blow you down like they used to, and now it's going to take a lot more energy to find out if you are conscious.
    -- David Deida

#Blow #Storm #Energy

• Once the storm comes out, the landscape changes. What you had before is altered in some way. And you have a choice: build something new and better from what is left or abandon it.
    -- David Levithan

#Choices #Storm #Way

• What do you want to be a sailor for? There are greater storms in politics than you will ever find at sea. Piracy, broadsides, blood on the decks. You will find them all in politics.
    -- David Lloyd George

#Blood #Sea #Storm

• Once, Turner had himself lashed to the mast of a ship for several hours, during a furious storm, so that he could later paint the storm. Obviously, it was not the storm itself that Turner intended to paint. What he intended to paint was a representation of the storm. One's language is frequently imprecise in that manner, I have discovered.
    -- David Markson

#Storm #Ships #Language

• Like all of us in this storm between birth and death, I can wreak no great changes on the world, only small changes for the better, I hope, in the lives of those I love.
    -- Dean Koontz

#Storm #World #Change For The Better

• And the funny thing was if you made the best of it, if you smiled through every storm, the bad things were never as terrible as you expected them to be, and the good things were better than anything you could have wished for yourself.
    -- Dean Koontz

#Funny Things #Storm #Good Things

• Global warming creates volatility. I feel it when I'm flying. The storms are more volatile. We are paying the price in more hurricanes and tornadoes.
    -- Debbie Stabenow

#Flying #Storm #Tornadoes

• Somewhere in the midst of smudgy maps, following waters, surviving the storms, & deep, deep digging.. treasure is found.
    -- Debby Ryan

#Water #Storm #Digging

• When you become defensive, blame others, and do not accept and surrender to the moment, your life meets resistance. Any time you encounter resistance, recognize that if you force the situation, the resistance will only increase. You don't want to stand rigid like a tall oak that cracks and collapses in the storm. Instead, you want to be flexible, like a reed that bends with the storm and survives.
    -- Deepak Chopra

#Storm #Experience #Resistance

• I have weathered many different storms and I know who I am and my friends know who I really am.
    -- Delta Goodrem

#Who I Am #Storm #Different

• A home is a kingdom of it's own in the midst of the world, a stronghold amid life's storms and stresses, a refuge, even a sanctuary.
    -- Dietrich Bonhoeffer

#Stress #Home #Storm

• memory is a storm I can't repel.
    -- Dilys Laing

#Memories #Storm

• Happiness is to take up the struggle in the midst of the raging storm and not to pluck the lute in the moonlight or recite poetry among the blossoms.
    -- Ding Ling

#Happiness #Struggle #Storm

• I miss L.A. because of the weather. It can change so much in Calgary. You can get a storm one minute, and then the sun will come out and it will be hot.
    -- Dominique McElligott

#Weather #Missing #Storm

• Be the buffalo. Wilma Mankiller, the first female principal chief of the Cherokee nation, once told me how the cow runs away from the storm while the buffalo charges directly toward it—and gets through it quicker. Whenever I'm confronted with a tough challenge, I do not prolong the torment. I become the buffalo.
    -- Donna Brazile

#Running #Challenges #Storm

• They sicken of the calm who know the storm.
    -- Dorothy Parker

#Women #Adventure #Storm

• The storm starts, when the drops start dropping When the drops stop dropping then the storm starts stopping.
    -- Dr. Seuss

#Rain #Storm #Stopping

• Excitement and depression, fortune and misfortune, pleasure and pain are storms in a tiny private, shell-bound realm - which we take to be the whole of existence. Yet we can break out of this shell and enter a new world.
    -- Eknath Easwaran

#Pain #Storm #Tiny

• The talk of sheltering woman from the fierce storms of life is the sheerest mockery, for they beat on her from every point of thecompass, just as they do on man, and with more fatal results, for he has been trained to protect himself, to resist, to conquer.
    -- Elizabeth Cady Stanton

#Men #Storm #Hardship

• In times of storm and tempest, of indecision and desolation, a book already known and loved makes better reading than something new and untried ... nothing is so warming and companionable.
    -- Elizabeth Goudge

#Book #Reading #Storm

• 'Tis the set of the sail that decides the goal, and not the storm of life.
    -- Ella Wheeler Wilcox

#Goal #Sailing #Storm

• No coward soul is mine, No trembler in the world's storm-troubled sphere...
    -- Emily Bronte

#Soul #Storm #Coward

• Skillful pilots gain their reputation from storms and tempest.
    -- Epicurus

#Philosophical #Skills #Storm

• Lightning is the shorthand of a storm, and tells of chaos.
    -- Eric Mackay

#Storm #Lightning #Chaos

• We are not youth any longer. We don’t want to take the world by storm. We are fleeing. We fly from ourselves. From our life. We were eighteen and had begun to love life and the world; and we had to shoot it to pieces.
    -- Erich Maria Remarque

#Love Life #Storm #Fleeing

• This is not a problem. I’m making everybody very calm, distracted by my bad results and then I’m going to shoot. One good result and I’m coming back. This is a distraction, it’s the calm before the storm,
    -- Ernests Gulbis

#Storm #Calm #Problem

• Happy the man who from the sea escapes the storm and finds harbor.
    -- Euripides

#Men #Sea #Storm

• Anger can be borne - it can even be satisfying - if it can gather into words and explode in a storm, or a rapier-sharp attack. But without these means of ventilation, it only turns back inward, building and swirling like a head of stream - building to an impotent, murderous rage.
    -- Eva Hoffman

#Mean #Storm #Inward

• Storm is prerequisite to mental gain
    -- Eyedea

#Storm #Gains

• The only safe ship in a storm is leadership.
    -- Faye Wattleton

#Business #Storm #Ships

• If you hunch your shoulders too long against a storm your shoulders will grow bowed.…
    -- Ford Madox Ford

#Long #Storm #Hunches

• A storm is coming; our storm. Emperor - we come for you!
    -- Frank Herbert

#Atheism #Storm #Emperor

• Edward Isaac Bickert in never one to blow his own horn - figuratively - he is one of the most modest and unassuming men in Jazz. But literally - he blows up a storm .
    -- Frank Rutter

#Men #Blow #Storm

• I don't wanna spend the whole of my life indoors, laying low and waiting on the next storm. I don't wanna spend the whole of my life inside, I wanna step out and face the sunshine.
    -- Frank Turner

#Sunshine #Waiting #Storm

• No matter what storm you face, you need to know God loves you. He has not abandoned you.
    -- Franklin Graham

#Love You #Storm #Needs