Kwanzaa quotes

• My white girl Veronica, black girl Monica, Got me celebrating Christma-Hanu-Kwanzaa-kah, Rocking dashikis with a yarmulke.
    -- Big Sean

#Girl #Rap #Kwanzaa

• We don't accomplish anything in this world alone... and whatever happens is the result of the whole tapestry of one's life and all the weavings of individual threads form one to another that creates something.
    -- Sandra Day O'Connor

#Teamwork #Kwanzaa #Common Threads

• We don't accomplish anything in this world alone.
    -- Sandra Day O'Connor

#Life #Kwanzaa #World

• The [Kwanzaa] holiday, then will of necessity, be engaged as an ancient and living cultural tradition which reflects the best of African thought and practice in its reaffirmation of the dignity of the human person in community and culture, the well-being of family and community, the integrity of the environment and our kinship with it, and the rich resource and meaning of a people's culture.
    -- Maulana Karenga

#Integrity #Holiday #Kwanzaa

• Every American carries in his bloodstream the heritage of the malcontent and the dreamer.

• All lawful authority, legislative, and executive, originates from the people.

• Islamism is not Islam. Islamism is the politicisation of Islam, the desire to impose a version of this ancient faith over society.

• I believe more follies are committed out of complaisance to the world, than in following our own inclinations.

• Because I know war... because I know the horror, I don't want to add to it. .........After the war, we felt the need to celebrate life, and for me photography was the means to achieve this...

• I didn't start publishing literary texts until I had left Iraq. At the Academy [of Cinematic Arts] I was busy with short films.

• An actress must be a woman whose emotional perceptions are true, and to make them so, she must have a fine contempt for any art or thought that betrays them for something false.

• You might say that a creative person is a person who simply has a desire to have something, to add something to the world that's not there yet, and goes about arranging fort that to happen.. ...when you desire a work of art and make it, you've added to the stock of art in the world. Artists are one of the people who can do that: add to the stock of things.

• But without a need, even the finest piece of beef is merely a piece of dead bull is it not?

• One cannot balance tragedy in the scales Unless one weighs it with the tragic heart.