Krypton quotes

• Someone told me that there's a connection to Superman, that in an early edition of the Green Lantern comics, Tomar Re was the envoy to Krypton. That was fascinating to me.
    -- Geoffrey Rush

#Krypton #Connections #Green

• One knew, of course, that it was not the red cape any more than it was the boots, the tights, the trunks, or the trademark "S" that gave Superman the ability to fly. That ability derived from the effects of the rays of our yellow sun on Superman's alien anatomy, which had evolved under the red sun of Krypton. And yet you had only to tie a towel around your shoulders to feel the strange vibratory pulse of flight stirring in the red sun of your heart.
    -- Michael Chabon

#Heart #Krypton #Yellow

• I know why superman left krypton. Earth was the only place where he could get steriods!
    -- Milton Berle

#Krypton #Earth

• The man who is not afraid of danger is not a hero, but a psychopath.

• Merkel is a flagship of the EU. Not everything depends on her, but much does. I have been shocked in a positive way by how Merkel is defending international law so openly and strongly. She wants to have peace and stability in the EU, and she knows that Russia is a problem in terms of security. It seems to me that many Germans are led by a certain fear of Russia. So you hear things like, "Let's avoid conflicts with Moscow, let's appease the Kremlin."

• I'm real critical of myself and if I take the bandana off my head I'm completely bald headed and go from being 58 to looking 68 instantly.

• Design can change how you look at yourself.

• The world will step aside for nearly anyone who has the courage of his of her opinions.

• I must see new things and investigate them. I want to taste dark water and see crackling trees and wild winds.

• The kids accepted my drinking as a part of life. Not a particularly pernicious part. I didn't beat up on them. Basically I don't think I was so different from a lot of dads who have three or four martinis when they get in from work, wine with dinner and so on.

• Help me, O Lord, that my hands may be merciful and filled with good deeds, so that I may do only good to my neighbors.

• I know people are tired of me not saying anything, but a guy doesn’t have to answer to innuendos,

• It is said that the effect of eating too much lettuce is 'soporific'.