Vivaldi quotes

• I would still love to do more Handel. I think Handel was a fantastic composer. I did lots of Vivaldi, but it's also important to do the music of Handel, one of the greatest composers of the 18th century.
    -- Cecilia Bartoli

#Thinking #Important #Vivaldi

• It was Vivaldi's Mandolin Concerto, Francesca Abraham realized as the radio alarm went off. Lively, unrelentingly upbeat, it was the perfect tempo in which to start the day. Covering her head with a pillow, she reached out blindly and urgently, desperate to shut the damn thing off.
    -- Naomi Ragen

#Music #Perfect #Vivaldi

• For me, even my break time I like to pull out the bow and just go over a Vivaldi sonata and keep my head sharp, keep everything sharp.
    -- Chris Wyse

#Vivaldi #Bows #Break

• It's nice being friends over a period of time with people whose music you like so much, or other filmmakers, seeing people change, go through trials

• But I'm always trying to plan ahead too and in doing so, and in working on this album, I've met a lot people that I hope to be involved with, on their records and in their situations.

• God doesn't want you to go to church. He wants you to want to go to church.

• There is no distance on this earth as far away as yesterday.

• There's no twilight in the tropics. Night falls like a curtain.

• The unconscious mind is way bigger than the conscious mind. Using tools to access its wisdom and self-organizing features is powerful medicine.

• I love documentaries and I watch documentaries to no end.

• We shuffle out of office buildings after being laid-off by draconian bosses; we sit on hold for ten minutes only to be told by a supervisor that the charge on our cable bill can't be removed; we click a crying emoji on Facebook as our last whimper of protest. So rather than end the story ["Ice Age"] with the expected violence and destruction of evil, I wanted to focus on the way the characters end up sabotaging their own community though their attachments to the consumerism of the old world.

• Jordan is the only Arab state that has provided citizenship to Palestinian refugees and integrated them. But something has to be done about the Palestinians living in refugee camps in Syria and Lebanon.

• God is in control, and therefore in EVERYTHING I can give thanks - not because of the situation but because of the One who directs and rules over it.