Kalashnikov quotes

• Duty does not consist in suffering everything, but in suffering everything for duty. Sometimes, indeed, it is our duty not to suffer.

• fight hard, fight fair and persevere

• I've never really not played the piano. I've played it since I was six or seven and it's something I've always done - I don't think I could ever really play anything else, I would be a bit out of it without a piano.

• Short or long to Goblin City? The straight way's short But the long way's pretty...

• There is a better chance of getting an exciting painting from a laboured study with texture than from a fine drawing without it.

• The traditional dress of the Australian cricketer is the baggy green cap on the head and the chip on the shoulder. Both are ritualistically assumed

• It's a long ride home with nothing but me for company. I bore myself sometimes. Not often. Just now and again.

• We won't be perfect on this side of heaven. But Jesus is perfect. Always. We are becoming more holy and true. Jesus already is. His name isn't “Becoming.” It is “I Am.” Perfection isn't the goal. Jesus is.

• How many wars will it take us to learn that only the dead return?

• Russia itself is an extremely complex country, and sometimes I feel like all of that comes back to haunt me. I can see why so many Russian writers were so tortured.