Fleeing quotes

• I've always been in the theater. I've always gone to it. That's been my way to cope. Early on in my career, I remember running - fleeing - to the theater as a way of coping with all the meshugaas that was going on for me.
    -- Al Pacino

#Running #Careers #Fleeing

• We can't deter people fleeing for their lives. They will come. The choice we have is how well we manage their arrival, and how humanely
    -- Antonio Guterres

#People #Choices #Fleeing

• Grown men have been seen fleeing after reading the menu posted outside.
    -- Bill Geist

#Reading #Men #Fleeing

• If you are made for flight, intended for it, you had better find a pursuer, fast. Otherwise, all that fleeing is going nowhere.
    -- Dan Chiasson

#Fleeing #Flight #Made

• Spooky wild and gusty; swirling dervishes of rattling leaves race by, fleeing the windflung deadwood that cracks and thumps behind.
    -- Dave Beard

#Race #Fleeing #Cracks

• All creation necessarily ends in this: Creators, powerless, fleeing from the things they have wrought.
    -- David Eagleman

#Fleeing #Creation #Ends

• There is a wrong way of staying in the world and a wrong way of fleeing from it. In both cases we are fashioning ourselves according to the world.
    -- Dietrich Bonhoeffer

#Fleeing #World #Way

• The combination of threads, remote-procedure-call interfaces, and heavyweight object-oriented design is especially dangerous... if you are ever invited onto a project that is supposed to feature all three, fleeing in terror might well be an appropriate reaction.
    -- Eric S. Raymond

#Design #Heavyweights #Fleeing

• We are not youth any longer. We don’t want to take the world by storm. We are fleeing. We fly from ourselves. From our life. We were eighteen and had begun to love life and the world; and we had to shoot it to pieces.
    -- Erich Maria Remarque

#Love Life #Storm #Fleeing

• I throw raps that attack like the Japs on Pearl Harbor. MC's be out like bank robbers, Fleeing the scene, to be a sole survivor; DJ...the getaway driver.
    -- GZA

#Rap #Hip Hop #Fleeing

• It is love and reason,' I said,'fleeing from all the madness of war.
    -- H. G. Wells

#War #Fleeing #Madness

• They were involved in a firefight and felt they were surrounded. Whether they escaped from that and were fleeing and went in the wrong direction, we don't know.
    -- Hugh Shelton

#Firefighter #Fleeing

• [...] We have to realize that this wound [of loneliness] is inherent in the human condition and that what we have to do is walk with it instead of fleeing from it. We cannot accept it until we discover that we are loved by God just as we are, and that the Holy Spirit in a mysterious way is living at the centre of the wound.
    -- Jean Vanier

#Loneliness #Way #Fleeing

• Isn’t this what I said, Lord, when I was still at home? That is what I tried to forestall by fleeing to Tarshish. I knew that you are a gracious and compassionate God, slow to anger and abounding in love, a God who relents from sending calamity. 3 Now, Lord, take away my life, for it is better for me to die than to live.
    -- Jonah

#Home #Fleeing #Lord

• Satire chooses and knows no objects. It arises by fleeing from them and their forcing themselves upon it.
    -- Karl Kraus

#Fleeing #Satire #Arise

• We are battling fanatics who kidnap and behead civilians and shoot fleeing children in the back. There can be no dialogue with such people, and the American people understand this.
    -- Kay Bailey Hutchison

#Children #People #Fleeing

• In this age of electronic money, investors are no longer seduced by a financial 'dance of a thousand veils.' Only hard and accurate information on reserves, current accounts, and monetary and fiscal conditions will keep capital from fleeing precipitously at the first sign of trouble.
    -- Lawrence Summers

#Age #Fleeing #Veils

• Opportunity is responsibility. It is a fleeing conjunction of circumstances. It is a test as well as a privilege. To be always equal to the opportunity, - what more could be said of the highest success in life?
    -- Lilian Whiting

#Responsibility #Opportunity #Fleeing

• The American Dream has always focused on building a better life for yourself and your family, striving for success, and even fleeing from religious prosecution.
    -- Marc Veasey

#Dream #Religious #Fleeing

• I know well what I am fleeing from but not what I am in search of.
    -- Michel de Montaigne

#Finding Yourself #Fleeing #Finding Oneself

• It is not by sidestepping or fleeing from suffering that we are healed, but rather by our capacity for accepting it, maturing through it and finding meaning through union with Christ, who suffered with infinite love.
    -- Pope Benedict XVI

#Suffering #Fleeing #Unions

• The sin of fallen man is this: Man seeks the benefits of God while at the same time fleeing from God Himself.
    -- R. C. Sproul

#Men #Benefits #Fleeing

• Refugees are threatening, not just to Americans, but also in many countries the world over. And it's partially because, unlike immigrants, refugees do not choose where they're going to go or why they're fleeing, and they are unwanted populations. They bring with them the stigma of disaster.
    -- Nguyen Viet Thang

#Country #World #Fleeing

• Banning refugees from fleeing west Africa is like shuttering up the windows while a house burns down.
    -- Sarah Hanson-Young

#House #Fleeing #West