Polonius quotes

• I know all about violence and physical abuse because my first husband used to beat me severely when he got drunk. Once, I can remember coming home from a party and walking up our vast marble staircase at the Fifth Avenue house while he was striking me. I thought, If I just gave him one shove down the staircase I would be rid of him forever.

• Our mission as Christians is to conform ourselves evermore to Jesus as the model of our lives.

• I don't see traffic fines as a substitute for a commuter tax.

• I don't think there's any law where you have to read a poem and immediately understand it.

• I set my phone with motivational quotes to go off on random days and times. Like, 'You're stronger than you think you are.' I'll forget about it, then one will pop up and it'll give me a little boost.

• I've found that giving gifts is transformative. It makes me better. It clarifies my thinking and allows me to do better work.

• I believe people ought to be treated fairly under the law. I see no reason why if the marriage contract conveys certain things that if you want to marry another woman that you can do that and have a contract. But the thing is is the religious connotation of marriage that has been going on for thousands of years, I still want to preserve that. And you probably could have both. You could have both traditional marriage, which I believe in. And then you could also have the neutrality of the law that allows people to have contracts with another.

• Drawing is not following a line on the model, it is drawing your sense of the thing.

• I've been tired since I was 15.

• It's just exciting to be part of something that is brand-new.