Ice Age quotes

• Identity has several parts, and the self needs to expand. Black youth should be encouraged to have as many parts or as rich an identity as possible. It's a form of allowing them to be curious about the world.

• The rise of anime had to happen. If the Japanese could tell better American stories, it would go through the roof. They still tell stories which are very much oriental. I take my hat off to them.

• Endings must come naturally, you're supposed to let it happen, not just to make it happen like that.

• The way to be patriotic in America is not only to love America, but to love the duty that lies nearest to our hand, and to know that in performing it we are serving our country.

• If you disrespect everybody that you run into, how in the world do you think everybody's supposed to respect you?

• The earth is what we all have in common.

• It is rarely a mysterious technique that drives us to the top, but rather a profound mastery of what may well be a basic skill set.

• He tries to show each person how much they are capable of achieving.

• Now, I have the opportunity to catch more balls and I relish the opportunity, ... Its something Ive always wanted. I think I needed a change. It was like Groundhog Day, doing the same thing over and over again. What better place could I be than to come to New York and try to put everybody to the side and say, This is who I am.

• Today, nothing is unusual about a scientific discovery's being followed soon after by a technical application: The discovery of electrons led to electronics; fission led to nuclear energy. But before the 1880's, science played almost no role in the advances of technology. For example, James Watt developed the first efficient steam engine long before science established the equivalence between mechanical heat and energy.