Great Lyric famous quotes

Last updated: Jul 22, 2024

• Great architecture has only two natural enemies: water and stupid men.

• You are very amiable, no doubt, but you would be charming if you would only depart.

• Boxing is smoky halls and kidneys battered until they bleed.

• It is not by augmenting the capital of the country, but by rendering a greater part of that capital active and productive than would otherwise be so, that the most judicious operations of banking can increase the industry of the country.

• My mother, whom I love dearly, has continually revised my life story within the context of a complicated family history that includes more than the usual share of divorce, step-children, dysfunction, and obfuscation. I've spent most of my adult life attempting to deconstruct that history and separate fact from fiction.

• Though I have no productive worth, I have a certain value as an indestructible quantity.

• We cannot make events. Our business is wisely to improve them. Mankind are governed more by their feeling than by reason. Events which excite those feelings will produce wonderful effects.

• What is there in life except one's ideas, Good air, good friend, what is there in life?

• Ancient history is oddly short on incorrect omens.

• I refuse to confide and don't like it when people write about art.