Dealings famous quotes

Last updated: Jul 22, 2024

• It is the heart and not the brain, That to the highest doth attain.

• I get up earlier than my husband and I intentionally spend time in prayer and Bible reading just to focus myself for the day, because the days get crazy.

• Ibsen was Norwegian by birth, but universal in spirit.

• Do not let fear overcome your efforts.

• I'm not an anti-online person. I get what the modern world's about and I understand that that's the nature of music dissemination.

• Fear of something is at the root of hate for others and hate within will eventually destroy the hater. Keep your thoughts free from hate, and you will have no fear from those who hate you. ... David, though small, was filled with truth, right thinking and good will for others. Goliath represents one who let fear into his heart, and it stayed there long enough to grow into hate for others.

• The sign work of the Orient it runneth up and down; The Talmud stalks from right to left, a rabbi in a gown; The Roman rolls from left to right from Maytime unto May; But the gods shake up their symbols in an absent-minded way. Their language runs to circles like the language of the eyes, Emphasised by strange dilations with little panting sighs.

• Not all possibilities are open to us. The world is finite; our hopes spill over its rim.

• Science, at its core, is simply a method of practical logic that tests hypotheses against experience. Scientism, by contrast, is the worldview and value system that insists that the questions the scientific method can answer are the most important questions human beings can ask, and that the picture of the world yielded by science is a better approximation to reality than any other.

• You don't ever see a thriller with a spiritual backbone.