Breaking Promises famous quotes

Last updated: Jul 22, 2024

• Mother had to support herself at age 18 because it was during the depression and when my grandfather lost the farm and there was no place for her; she worked as an assistant to a maid.

• I said, "Oh well, I'll act." I started to study, but I didn't know what I was doing, and I don't know that I was taking it very seriously then.

• Blondes have more fun, don't they? They must. How many brunettes do you see walking down the street with blond roots?

• It doesn’t matter what anybody else thinks of your life. All that matters is what you think of it, and what you decide to make of it.

• --I truly and deeply wanted to kill him. And I believe I could have done it, with nothing but my hands. But all of a sudden, out of nowhere, Peter had an arm around me. "Let it go, Kade," he was whispering very gently, though his arm was nearly crushing me. "Open your fists," he said, "and let go of the coals.

• The prehistorical and primitive period represents the true infancy of the mind.

• The prime lesson the social sciences can learn from the natural sciences is just this: that it is necessary to press on to find the positive conditions under which desired events take place, and that these can be just as scientifically investigated as can instances of negative correlation. This problem is beyond relativity.

• Set your sights high, the higher the better. Expect the most wonderful things to happen, not in the future but right now. Realize that nothing is too good. Allow absolutely nothing to hamper you or hold you up in any way.

• Few delights can equal the presence of one whom we trust utterly.

• The miracle is that a work of art should live in the person who reads it.