Bearing Witness famous quotes

Last updated: Jul 22, 2024

• I have a personal motto that I live by, which is feel the fear and do it anyway. If you fail, you get up and you keep trying again.

• A lot of the time, youre supposed to play to the top of your intelligence, as truthful as possible. But when youre on stage making people laugh, youre still acting. I think it helped me a bunch to go on stage two or three times a week.

• The Buddha also counseled the monks and nuns to avoid wasting any precious time by engaging in idle conversation, oversleeping, pursuing fame and recognition, chasing after desires, spending time with people of poor character, and being satisfied with only a shallow understanding of the teaching.

• What is the disposition which makes men rejoice in good bargains? There are few people who will not be benefited by pondering over the morals of shopping.

• I imagine that all Americans have a unique relationship in their individual present to their collective past and how that relationship might shape their identities and experiences.

• Baseball is reassuring. It makes me feel as if the world is not going to blow up.

• Nature never said to me: Do not be poor; still less did she say: Be rich; her cry to me was always: Be independent.

• To avoid entangling alliances has been a maxim of our policy ever since the days of Washington, and its wisdom no one will attempt to dispute.

• A man who sets out to justify his existence and his activities has to distinguish two different questions. The first is whether the work which he does is worth doing; and the second is why he does it (whatever its value may be).

• Surround yourself with positive people.