Benediction famous quotes

Last updated: Jul 22, 2024

• Success is about having, excellence is about being. Success is about having money and fame, but excellence is being the best you can be.

• Personally, I'm not afraid of a robot uprising. The benefits far outweigh the threats.

• Incidentally, think about the ramifications of storing data on light waves that can be stopped and started at the speed of light.

• Nobody can predict the future. You just have to give your all to the relationship you're in and do your best to take care of your partner, communicate and give them every last drop of love you have. I think one of the most important things in a relationship is caring for your significant other through good times and bad.

• The Constitution of the United States was made not merely for the generation that then existed, but for posterity- unlimited, undefined, endless, perpetual posterity.

• Never, never, never join a movement that persecutes people because of their faith.

• Parkour teaches you to be sure of what you are able to do.

• Last year I was a judge for a prize in England, the T.S. Eliot Prize, so I read everything that was published in England last year.

• The magnificent lobby of the Chrysler Building - faced with rare marbles, aglitter with decorative metalwork, and surmounted by a ceiling painted with a totemic image of the tower itself - leads to elevator cabs inlaid with exotic woods in fanciful patterns. The entire route from street to office is invested with ceremony, dignity, and delight.

• At first there is nothing, then there is a profound nothingness, after that a blue profundity.