Trust Your Instincts famous quotes

Last updated: Jul 22, 2024

• Mediocrity is now, as formerly, dangerous, commonly fatal, to the poet; but among even the successful writers of prose, those who rise sensibly above it are the very rarest exceptions.

• There is no experimental data that exists that supports the view that the Earth's climate is changing in any dangerous way.

• I have been tried and condemned without a hearing, and I suppose I shall have to go to the execution.

• Blessed are thoseto whom Easter is not a hunt... but a find; not a greeting... but a proclamation; not an outward fashion... but inward grace; not a day... but an eternity.

• Defense wins championships. A good offense is beat by a good defense, always.

• I would go see local bands play, and noticed how many girls were there to see the band, and that's what inspired me.

• I am a witch, by which I mean that I am somebody who believes that the earth is sacred, and that women and women's bodies are one expression of that sacred being.

• Much early alchemy seems to have been adventure. You heated and mixed and burnt and pounded and to see what would happen. An adventure might suggest an hypothesis that can subsequently be tested, but adventure is prior to theory.

• Medicine, electronic communications, space travel, genetic manipulation . . . these are the miracles about which we now tell our children. These are the miracles we herald as proof that science will bring us the answers. The ancient stories of immaculate conceptions, burning bushes, and parting seas are no longer relevant. God has become obsolete. Science has won the battle.

• I am bound by my own definition of criticism : a disinterested endeavour to learn and propagate the best that is known and thought in the world.