I Am Alive famous quotes

Last updated: Sep 5, 2024

• Much to my chagrin, I think that cinema has gone the wrong way in America because in many ways, I pioneered the use of video which eventually became digital video. Everyone can do it; it's Pop Art time: "Everything is art, why should you take it so seriously, after all it's kind of like a clambake." I don't buy that.

• There is a beautiful expression of this in the Chandogya Upanishad: 'There is this City of Brahman, (that is the body), and in this city there is a shrine, and in that shrine there is a small lotus, and in that lotus there is a small space, (akasa). Now what exists within that small space, that is to be sought, that is to be understood.' This is the great discovery of the Upanishads, this inner shrine, this guha, or cave of the heart, where the inner meaning of life, of all human existence, is to be found.

• Happiness is a continuous creative activity.

• There cannot be love without trust and there cannot be trust unless we take the responsibility to act in a way that people can trust us.

• Everyday is one less day.

• Ive had about 140 albums released, and Ive done everything I wanted to do.

• I still live today with my mom sending me, you know, Hebrew Scriptures or phrases or celebrating.

• It is not like every episode [of "Mary and Jane"] people are sitting around getting high.

• The land is sacred. These words are at the core of your being. The land is our mother, the rivers our blood. Take our land away and we die. That is, the Indian in us dies.

• You can laugh, you can cry, you can express yourself, but please don’t hurt each other!