Midwesterners famous quotes

Last updated: Jul 22, 2024

• It's like you learn to swim by swimming. You learn courage by couraging.

• We need to talk more openly about mentorships and sponsorships. Women don't get the mentoring, and particularly the sponsors, they need to succeed as much as men.

• At this moment, God is watching your life and at some point in this trial, He will say enough. You don't need to falter.

• Perhaps the greatest social service that can be rendered by anybody to the country and to mankind is to bring up a family.

• To preserve the freedom of the human mind then and freedom of the press, every spirit should be ready to devote itself to martyrdom; for as long as we may think as we will, and speak as we think, the condition of man will proceed in improvement

• I wasn’t old enough to realize that I could be my terrible self and have people love me for that.

• Most people are hurt deeply by betrayals in relationships. It might be better to really get up against and sort of contact that caring, and maybe take a more loving stance even with your own pain, and keep your feet moving towards what you really want, because the cost in terms of intimacy and connection and caring that comes when you try not to be vulnerable, when you're constantly looking out for betrayals of trust, is too great. It makes it very hard to have relationships of the kind that you really want. One, look where the pain is. Flip it over; you'll find that's where the values are.

• Love lessens woman's delicacy and increases man's.

• With the situation as gray as it could be, no one was more conspicuous in his calm presence of mind than Washington. They must be "cool but determined" he had told the men before the battle, when spirits were high. Now, in the face of catastrophe, he was demonstrating what he meant by his own example. Whatever anger or torment or despair he felt, he kept to himself.

• My dream role would be anything where I get to tap-dance.