Learning The Truth famous quotes

Last updated: Jul 22, 2024

• I think it's more comforting to look in the past because you can understand it better, and there are labels for it often.

• This is the sin against the Holy Ghost: - To speak of bloody power as right divine, And call on God to guard each vile chief's house, And for such chiefs, turn men to wolves and swine.

• More people than ever are slowly but surely turning their ears toward poetry

• When I went to an Aspen seminar on "American Scriptures" - the bicentennial of the Declaration and they discussed the preamble and the Gettysburg Address and much more, but not Lincoln's Second Inauguration, I challenged that omission and they said find something on it and to my astonishment, at that time, there was no book or long article that really did it. So I wrote one that attempted to do it justice. Although obscurely published, that essay got a nice bounce. Somehow David Donald saw it, and in his notes to his biography singled it out.

• I can express no kinder sign of love, than this kind kiss.

• And when the day arrives I'll become the sky and I'll become the sea and the sea will come to kiss me for I am going home. Nothing can stop me now.

• Sometimes the best revision of a poem is a new poem.

• I'm not naive enough to pretend that on its own cinema can capture the very soul of significant social and cultural problems.

• We are all ill; but even a universal sickness implies an idea of health.

• Just keep taking care of my body and all of that. Take care of your body, stay healthy. You'll be alright.