Contagion famous quotes

Last updated: Jul 22, 2024

• I have just discovered something I have always known: we can no more escape from one another than we can escape from God.

• Relativism should be confronted where it damages fundamental human rights, because we're not relativists if we believe that the human being should be at the centre of society and the rights of every human being should be respected.

• At this late hour a wagon has been procured, and I have had it filled with plate and the most valuable portable articles, belonging to the house.

• I've learned that even when I have pains, I don't have to be one.

• If one is determined to die for the truth, even a common man can create history.

• Never believe straight off in a man's unhappiness. Ask him if he can still sleep. If the answer's "yes," all's well. That is enough.

• All of the sports have a safety net, but boxing is the only sport that has none. So when the fighter is through, he is through. While he was fighting his management was very excited for him, but now that he is done, that management team is moving on.

• I warn you all, hatred is finding fertile soil within me. And in your compassion, in your every good intention, you nurture it.

• A clear conscience is the softest pillow in the world.

• The President, in talking about freedom and democracy, is sparking a wave of very positive democratic sentiment that might help us override both Islamic fundamentalism that has formed in that region, and also some of the hatred for our policies of invading Iraq.