Auden famous quotes

Last updated: Jul 22, 2024

• Computer science is no more about computers than astronomy is about telescopes.

• If this Government cannot get the adjustment, get manufacturing going again, and keep moderate wage outcomes and a sensible economic policy, then Australia is basically done for. We will end up being a third rate economy... a banana republic.

• The old brown hen and the old blue sky, Between the two we live and die The broken cartwheel on the hill.

• I tell you this: You are your own rule-maker. You set the guidelines. And you decide how well you have done; how well you are doing. For you are the one who has decided Who and What You Really Are-and Who You Want to Be. And you are the only one who can assess how well you're doing.

• Bands that I've loved over the years are the ones that have a certain myth around them.

• It's flattering to be compared in any way to Tiger Woods, because he's the best player in the world.

• What really excites me in a project is when it goes in a way you haven't been before.

• Every Democrat, like every American, should support a woman's right to make her own choices about her body and her health... At a time when women's rights are under assault from the White House, the Republican Congress, and in states across the country, we must speak up for this principle as loudly as ever and with one voice.

• Melancholy is the pleasure of being sad.

• When the tides of life turn against you And the current upsets your boat, Don't waste those tears on what might have been, Just lie on your back and float.